Brokers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jarnold

I will retire in 5 months and want to try the Trawler lifestyle. My mentor in trawlers (Hatteras 58 LRC) suggested that the Hatteras 42 LRC would be a good entry.
Well to my surprise there is a 42 LRC about 3 miles from me in Stuart FL. fresh on the market, M/V Here Today, Key West, FL.
I have made 2 consecutive unsuccessful weekend attempts to view this boat. I have also tried to see this boat during the week to no avail. Left my phone number requesting a call any time. Nothing. My wife and I still work and can't get away until 4PM. Now remember 3 miles away. Just to view. The broker says he doesn't work after 3PM. Really? :banghead:
Is this the standard for "brokers"?
Someone should tell the owner of Here Today how their boat is being represented.

You need to find another broker who will represent your interests, a so called buyers broker. Develop a relationship with him, don't waste his time and let him deal with the other &*^% of his profession who won't make time for a buyer.

David

A Hatteras 42 LRC is a big bit to chew for someone who wants to "try the trawler lifestyle". That is probably going around in the broker's mind.

If you are serious keep trying. I'm assuming the boat is in a marina. Have the marina give your name and number to the owners. Or look them up on the USCG documentation list by boat name.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom