DSM 300 Raymarine support experience

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mr. Blu

Vessel Name
Mr. Blu
Vessel Make
Beneteau Swift Trawler 52
Hi guys,

The DSM 300 transducer on my boat just worked only once after buying the boat. It appeared to be completely dead. It was about 7 years old, although the boat was layed up in a in a hall for almost three years before being sold.

Surfing on the internet I found that Raymarine had a policy of replacing the DSM 300 for free if no damage by other causes like lightning, abuse or so, was found.

I returned the transducer to Raymarine for repair but their conclusion was the same. Completely dead. Spare parts weren't produced anymore. I cited their policy but they informed me that the policy was not applicable anymore for the DSM 300. (Understandable for a seven years old device)

However, they offered to replace the transducer for a new Raymarine CP 370 for a price of the fixed repair price of the old transducer.

So now I have a brand-new CP transducer for $ 365. I think a fair deal.

Last edited:
FYI your terminology is confused. The DSM300 & 370 is a remote black box sounder module. The transducer is the device that's permanently attached in your hull that connects to the DSM.
$365 is a good price. Glad you have a working unit!

You are right. Please read for transducer "module".

I also had a DSM300 replaced by Raymarine. It was about 7 years old also but it was about 4 years ago and they replaced it for free at the time. Great service. That is why I bought Raymarine for our current boat.

Back
Top Bottom