Salon Light Lens removal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Seevee

Guru
Vessel Make
430 Mainship
All, I want to remove the lens cover on my salon lights to change the bulbs to LEDs. How do I take that cover off? It's the same as the outside courtesy lights.

Pictures

Would be helpful

All, I want to remove the lens cover on my salon lights to change the bulbs to LEDs. How do I take that cover off? It's the same as the outside courtesy lights.

I made the change and it was just the six little screws. Obviously yours are different somehow?

Pictures?

I have some salon lighting that I can't get open. Mine are in my Motorhome, 2007 vintage. Is that about the vintage of yours?
The rest of my lights are easily opened by twisting counterclockwise 1/8 turn. They have only the lens to grip, less than 1/4" thick at the edge, but that is enough.
The ones I can't open have a triple set of rings, progressively thinner, until the outside one is <1/8" and rounded over, so no hope of a grip. Is that like yours? When you find a way to get them open without destroying them, I need to know.

Thx for the replies.
I'll get a picture.

My vintage is 2005.

I'd suspect they would pull down with some sore of spring, but not budging. They don't twist and unlikely because they are rectangular.

Will keep working on it.

Larry

All,

Here's a pix of the light. It's 16.5 s 8 inches.

Attachments

• Light.JPG
    Light.JPG
    45.5 KB · Views: 55
Looks like fluorescent tubes under there.
Is there a manufacturer ID?

Last edited:
Really looks like it could pry out with a plastic pry bar or whatever you can find in your silverware drawer.

Or, maybe they once came out too easily and the PO wedged or glued something in them to hold the lens covers in.

This comes to mind because I've dealt with light housings that cannot resist the force needed to pull out or reinstall or do other seemingly simple occasional maintenance. Installing a bulb would often end up with the entire housing dislodged which equals even more work

They come out, I've pulled a couple on my boat (also a 2005 MS 400) but I don't remember exactly how I did it. You pop out the lens by squeezing the long sides together, I think the screws are under the lens in the frame.

Figured it out.

I was pushing the kitchen knife in too far and was blocked by something. Backing off a bit, slightly bent the lens and it came right out.

Thanks for the help!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom