Weather Seal For Pilot House Windows

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pgitug

Guru
Vessel Name
Escapade
Vessel Make
Nordic Tug 37 2002
My Nordic Tug needs to have the exterior window seals replaced.
Can anyone share the best way to do this?
Pictures Attached. Appreciate the advice.
IMG_3629.jpg
IMG_3631.jpg
IMG_3630.jpg

those look exactly like the seals on a couple step vans i have had over the years, i would go to a local glass shop that installs, take one of the seals out and take with you, they can match it up and give you a crash course on installing....... very simple and fairly easy with flat panels....
there are numerous videos on you tube showing how to measure/cut/replace

just for fun get price quotes from a marine supplier, and a local non marine related glass company....... you could also match it up with an on-line supplier and go totally "self contained" with the project

here is one example of what you would be looking for...
https://www.millsupply.com/piece-weatherstrip-window-37333.php?p=8886

here is a few different designs and the tools(not needed, but helpful)
https://www.millsupply.com/stepvan-parts/windows-and-regulators/windshield-gaskets-tools/

Last edited:
Look at rockauto.com they have all the seals you would dream about.

L

first step would be to pull one of the old ones out so you can have a profile to go by when shopping around (will be the first thing a shop will ask you for)
also will allow you to get the critical measurements if shopping on line

I needed to replace a cracked glass in my fishing boat last year. Started by searching on YouTube and found a video on removing the seal. Once I saw how it was done, had it out in a few minutes. Easy to do. Took the glass to a glass shop and had one made to the same shape and size. Piece of cake.

One other trick.... use soapy water to lubricate the seal when going back together. Makes it a lot easier!!!

Last edited:
Diamond Sea Glaze made those, I believe. They are in BC somewhere, probably worth a call?

Thank you everyone for your input. I will be looking at Youtube tutorials for the install. [emoji106][emoji41][emoji106]

Nordic Tug began using Diamond Seaglaze windows around 2001. Since they're still in business, they're probably the best source for window components.

My 37 is hull #15 (built in 2000) and has Western Metals windows/doors. An outfit named Bounty Marine in the Portland, OR area now owns the Western Metals assets and still provides support. My window frames were showing their age (a few leaks, lots of bubbled and peeling paint) so I pulled them all last month and drove them down to Bounty Marine. They disassemble the window, sandblast the frame, repaint, then reinstall the glass using all new rubber/foam components. Hopefully they'll be ready for pickup next week and will look like new!

Back
Top Bottom