Dusseldorf Boat Show?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kthoennes

Guru
Vessel Name
Xanadu
Vessel Make
Mainship 37 Motor Yacht
Happy Friday! My wife and I are thinking about doing the Dusseldorf boat show (Boot), Jan 20-28. We've done some surfing and watched a pile of YouTube videos -- boy, moving very big boats to the show is impressive just by itself. Any advice from the membership here though? Any tips or observations? I assume a lot of the routine boat show things apply -- prepare to walk miles, wear boat shoes or good socks. Looks like we'd be surrounded by more boat dollars (or boat euros) than we've ever seen in our lives. One propeller blade on a superyacht will cost more than I make in a year, but still really cool to see. Boat frauleins all around, mermaids swimming in a big indoor tank -- you know, all the typical stuff. :rolleyes: Maybe we should pack white pants and blazers with our boat logo/crest on the pocket and we'll complain loudly about how hard it is to find a good boat chef in Monaco this time of year. Maybe change our names to Thurston Howell III and Lovely just for that week. And if I buy a bottle of schmutz-dissolver for our shower sump boxes, I'll hide it in my Louis Vuitton valise. Should we go?

The Admiral and I attended three times. It’s been one of our top must sees for that time of the year. Last time, they had up to 110 ft. inside! Love the tech advances each year. You need more than one day to really do it. Go at least once.

Back
Top Bottom