Ac/heat

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KEVMAR

Vessel Name
Delphina
Vessel Make
President 43
I have a airrrrrr unit which has been running great ,worked last night great . This morning the compressor? Will not kick on ... have tried to turn knob to warmer and to colder .. the compressor?? Turn on but then shut right off .. any suggestion what to try ?? I put question marks next to compressor because I’m not sure that it is the problem..Thank you
Kevin
Docked in Georgetown sc on icw

Please check to see that the raw water pump supplying water to the AC unit is running and flowing water. If not find the breaker and reset it or find the blockage and clear it.

Do you have more than one unit? If yes and after following smitty’s advice try swapping the electronic controller with another unit.

Do you have more than one unit? If yes and after following smitty’s advice try swapping the electronic controller with another unit.

From his limited description I am getting the feeling that he has rotary controls with the 'bulb' thermostat - not too sure yet though.

Yes I have rotary controls and bulb thermostat

I have a airrrrrr unit which has been running great ,worked last night great . This morning the compressor? Will not kick on ... have tried to turn knob to warmer and to colder .. the compressor?? Turn on but then shut right off .. any suggestion what to try ?? I put question marks next to compressor because I’m not sure that it is the problem..Thank you

Yes I have rotary controls and bulb thermostat

We have similar units, maybe, although with different controls. Had a problem with one kicking right off again after starting. Took the wires off the compressor and cleaned up the connections, put it back together, works fine again. May be worth a shot...

-Chris

The capacitor could be faulty. Our unit has a dual run capacitor, part for the fan and the part for the compressor. They’re less than $20. If everything else checks out, I look at that. There should be a lot of info in the archives here or on the internet.

Back
Top Bottom