Halvorsen History Book by Mark Halvorsen

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yes I bought it 1 month ago since I am a new Owner of an IG 36 Classic (36-144 of Dec 98) based in Kettering (TAS)

It is interesting from an history point of view but not so many drawings, photos, etc. The most interesting part is the register of all the boats built, when and where they were built and their Hull Id. Number.
A little expensive at $139...

Curious if it mentions the wooden GB hulls that were finished off by them when GB moved to fiberglass. Our past boat was a GB50 hull #64 (?) with a Kong and Halvorsen badge. It was made for Leo Collar who was president of Crowley Tugs.

Tator

Ig 51

The only mention is the IG51-01 - Flushdeck MY built in Timber in Feb 77 - Hull KHE510010277 - built for Collar

I would be interested in the book, but that is a very steep price.

I wonder who sets the RRP for books.

Yes I bought it 1 month ago since I am a new Owner of an IG 36 Classic (36-144 of Dec 98) based in Kettering (TAS)

Aha, Kettering. Yes, great series, but did they ever finish it? Was there a conclusion to "The Kettering incident?" I think the female lead nicked off overseas to a move role, and maybe stymied the conclusion..? :eek::nonono::confused:

I would be interested in the book, but that is a very steep price.

I wonder who sets the RRP for books.

The publisher sets the RRP a good mate has published an educational book on insects it retails for $300 he receivers $2 per copy. 10000 printed He outlaid $10000 of his own . Online book stores have offered 20c a copy royalties :eek::facepalm:

Back
Top Bottom