Florida keys.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ole Hank

Veteran Member
Vessel Name
Hanks Dream
Vessel Make
Beneteau Swift Trawler44
I had planned to cruise to key west in November. Wondering if anyone has any idea of the state of affaires there?

I could if I was 3500 mikes closer than I am. Thought someone might have been there or heard so I can plan trip.

Miles that is

waterwayguide.com will give you marina updates for the Keys. Might help some.

Key West did not get the damage to infrastructure that the islands just to the North did. Big Pine 30 miles North took a direct hit from Irma

I have not been to Key West since the storm. I have been to Key Largo where they are back up and running.

The Cruise Ships are stopping into Key West again, so downtown is open for business. I have heard that most of the hazards to navigation have been removed or marked. By November most of the debris that might be a bother for navigation should be have cleared out. If you have a particular marina you were planning to stay at I would call them. If you are coming in November you will just miss Fantasy Fest, which is scheduled to happen. You can see for yourself the level of "open for business" at the Sloppy Joes web cams Live Duval Street

If it were me, and the marina I was planning to stay at was open, I would go.

:socool:

I have a friend going to Galleon at the end of October. He said Stock Island had a steady supply of fuel.

Thanks a lot. I have called Faro Blanco and their message says they havent returned from mandatory evac yet. Ill keep trying.

Key West did not get the damage to infrastructure that the islands just to the North did. Big Pine 30 miles North took a direct hit from Irma

I have not been to Key West since the storm. I have been to Key Largo where they are back up and running.

The Cruise Ships are stopping into Key West again, so downtown is open for business. I have heard that most of the hazards to navigation have been removed or marked. By November most of the debris that might be a bother for navigation should be have cleared out. If you have a particular marina you were planning to stay at I would call them. If you are coming in November you will just miss Fantasy Fest, which is scheduled to happen. You can see for yourself the level of "open for business" at the Sloppy Joes web cams Live Duval Street

If it were me, and the marina I was planning to stay at was open, I would go.

:socool:

I just got back from a week in KW via car. Middle and lower keys badly thrashed, most marine facilities heavily damaged. KW got a mild thrashing and most facilities either survived or need modest repairs. Figure out which places you want to stop and call them up. Anything in mid and lower keys will be months of repairs, KW most are probably up and running right now.

I was impressed by the rate at which they are cleaning things up and fixing things down there. There will be evidence of damage visible for years, but they are getting on their feet pretty quick considering.

Marathon city marina mooring field info?

The upper keys should be fine as there was much less damage. I have a house in Marathon. Marathon got hit pretty bad. I drove over to Boot Key Harbor the other day. They still have a good bit of a mess to deal with. I have not been past the seven mile bridge so I have not looked at the damage first hand. I see on TV Key West saying they are open for business.

I would certainly call marinas I wanted to deal with to hear first hand what they have to offer. I have not put my boat back in the water yet so I am not sure what the marina or fuel situation is. I have fuel delivered on occasion and sort of assume the fuel trucks are running.

Back
Top Bottom