I need a new refrigerator

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PeterOTampa

OK. I got the old refrig. out without a lot of hassle. It is a strange size. The dimensions are 28" wide, 62.5" tall and 24.5 " deep with the handles. Anyone know where I can find a refrigerator that size? THanks

Refrig up grade

Tell us a little more about the refrig your removing & please tell us what you want in the new one ?

Is it a 120 V - A/C only model ?

Is it a 12 V - D/C only model ?

Or is it a 12 Volt DC & 120 Volt AC combo model ?

Can you post a picture of the old one your removing for reference ?

It makes a difference.

Thanks.

Alfa Mike

I am rely only looking for a 120 Volt only. Although either would work if it is the right size. I can send a pic tomorrow.

Weather the boat is to be a dockside cottage , or anchor out much of the time should be part of the consideration.

Can you open up the space where the old refrig goes or refit fit the space so you can get a newer model?

Cheers

H

Greetings,
Mr. POT. If you're looking for 120V only, any big box store should carry a model that will fit. With the $$ saved over a model labeled "marine" you will be able to replace it several times over if necessary.

Greetings,
Mr. POT. If you're looking for 120V only, any big box store should carry a model that will fit. With the $$ saved over a model labeled "marine" you will be able to replace it several times over if necessary.

Depending on the cost of an inverter, if said AC-only fridge needs to run while underway. Could still be true statement...

-Chris

"Depending on the cost of an inverter,"

No problem, a fridge will operate fine on crap inverter power.

No need for a sine wave unit.

The OP stated that he is looking for a 120 volt refrigerator so apparently, he already has a constant 120 volt AC source on his boat.

Now since someone actually made that refrigerator, the first step might be to contact the manufacturer and see if they make a replacement. An appliance store might have one that would fit or a camper/RV store might have one or be able to get it.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom