Newbie from Central Texas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ferrell

Vessel Name
DragonBait
Vessel Make
Dusky 28' center console
My wife and I recently sold our 28' Dusky center console we had enjoyed for 16 years. We made great memories raising our family on that boat. Many trips to the Bahamas, Florida Keys, distant Texas Gulf rigs, and lots of sunsets on Lake Travis. We caught lots of fish too. As we look to the next chapter of life, we are thinking about slowing down a good bit and taking a trawler around the Great Loop. Maybe further South than the Bahamas. My wife even talks about the Panama Canal. Not sure what all we can manage, but I am hoping the Trawler Forum is a good place to learn.

Welcome to Trawler Forum. A lot of 'loopers' on here. so if you have questions, ask away.

Wifey B: We have a Nordhavn fan, accused of being a shoe thief, but a great kid on the site who loves his Dusky. :)

Love your loop and your canal desires. Only challenge will be air and sea draft for the loop and range and stability for the canal run but there are boats out there to fit your needs. Trying to fit both needs just makes it a little more complicated. :confused:

Welcome! Looking forward to hearing which vessel you decide on. Your plans sound great.

Charlie

Welcome Texas Lady.

I am should you will find so great info here.

Cheers.

H.

Back
Top Bottom