Galley refit

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Donna

Guru
Vessel Name
Southerly
Vessel Make
1986 Marine Trader 36' Sundeck
Thought you may enjoy some of the galley refit already completed.

Attachments

• IMG_3556.jpg
    IMG_3556.jpg
    116.7 KB · Views: 190
  • IMG_3547.jpg
    IMG_3547.jpg
    130.4 KB · Views: 217
  • IMG_3550.jpg
    IMG_3550.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 217
  • IMG_3546.jpg
    IMG_3546.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 225
Looks great! Is that the 'peel and stick' tile that comes in 12'x12' sheets? Looks like the tile backsplashes that I put in all of my rental apartments:)

Looks great! Is that the 'peel and stick' tile that comes in 12'x12' sheets? Looks like the tile backsplashes that I put in all of my rental apartments:)

Yes it is. I'm not dealing with cracking grout!

Donna,

Are the sheets a square 12x12 or do they interlock with each other? Would they stilk to a panel that isn't flat but has some warp to it? My backsplash currently has formica on it and it has a bit of warp to conform to the hull side and I was wondering if the tile you used would be flexible enough to curve a bit. Where did you get it?

I have been looking at back splashes for my boat and my kitchen. /they have these panels at Lowes and Home Depot, in various colors.

Great looking work. Well done. :thumb:

Donna,

Are the sheets a square 12x12 or do they interlock with each other? Would they stilk to a panel that isn't flat but has some warp to it? My backsplash currently has formica on it and it has a bit of warp to conform to the hull side and I was wondering if the tile you used would be flexible enough to curve a bit. Where did you get it?

Yes they interlock and I also used it over formica. It has been holding up beautifully! You can find it at Lowes/ Home Depot. All different patterns and colors. Most likely will need to be ordered. It's called Smart Tiles.

This is our gallery refit. Removed the rotten wood and replaced with Starboard. My father-in-law had a walnut plank he let me have.20170622_092005.jpg

Donna, that looks great. We put those tiles up in a bathroom at home. One area where it wrapped around the end of a stub wall (made of 2x4s) came unglued but a spray with a strong adhesive got them back where they should be.

Me hats of to you Donna for a job well done. Looks great!

Cheers.

H.

Back
Top Bottom