Driving to the Marina

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BruceK

Moderator Emeritus
Vessel Name
Sojourn
Vessel Make
Integrity 386
Our drive is about 40 minutes,and uses the M1/Pacific Highway 6 lane highway. So lots of big interstate trucks.
Last Sunday we were being tailgated (very closely followed) by a big semi trailer at 100kmh. Some drivers do it for fun, some are "chemically assisted for alertness", I tried a couple of things to get him to allow a safe gap, no dice. It`s dangerous, and it`s illegal here.
Then I had my companion take a photo of the truck through the rear window. Magic! The truck dropped away immediately to a safe distance and stayed away. He knew where he should be, and he believed we could now identify him and his registration.

Glad your photo technique worked, but why not just change lanes and the let the trucker do his thing? With a 6 lane highway there should be plenty of room for everyone.

In my state, front tags are not required so that wouldn't work. Trailer tags are not required either so you can't see or photograph the rear tag of a vehicle towing a trailer.

Many folks think if they tailgate you, you will pull over and let them by. Some of our six lane highways prohibit trucks in the inner most lane so trucks often do what you described if you are in the second (middle) lane and they want to go faster than you are going.

It might hurt your pride to pull over and let the bully go by but it is safer.

Even if license tags are not required, trucks and trailers have identifying marks on them. A photo with those with a time/date stamp on it is pretty good proof of where the truck was at a given time.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom