Taiwanese "Eagle"?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dave_E

Vessel Name
Agnus Dei
Vessel Make
36' Shin Shing
Has anyone heard of an "Eagle"? I am looking at what they're calling an "Eagle 36" An obvious Taiwanese Trawler. Instead of the usual wood hand rails, it has sailboat looking life lines. It's in pristine condition.... 1977 with 3400 hours on the Lehman. Can't find any data on it anywhere.

Dave

Dave,

I can't answer your question but try this in the google search bar...

"Eagle" site:trawlerforum.com

It's a search tip someone gave me. Super helpful.

-P

Before Marine Trader, Miller yacht sales was selling a boat called "Eagle". It was a traditional Taiwanese aft cabin trawler. There was a LARGE model of one in their showroom. (about 4 foot long) I would have thought it would have been from the late 60's to early 70's. By 1977 Marine Trader was well established.

36 Eagle Photo

36' of Taiwanese Trawler.

Attachments

• IMG_1087(2).jpg
    IMG_1087(2).jpg
    106.4 KB · Views: 178
They made 17 of them. A restraunteur (sp) out of San Francisco owned Shin Shing Yard. They were drawn by Ed Monk and the Eagle name was licensed from the Eagles that most everyone knows. I got all of this info from Bob Smith who sold the motors to the yard. I know of one in La Connor that two girls use as a charter in addition to personal use. Glad you got this boat, I love mine.

They made 17 of them. A restraunteur (sp) out of San Francisco owned Shin Shing Yard. They were drawn by Ed Monk and the Eagle name was licensed from the Eagles that most everyone knows. I got all of this info from Bob Smith who sold the motors to the yard. I know of one in La Connor that two girls use as a charter in addition to personal use. Glad you got this boat, I love mine.
i had a 1980 eagle was a great boat but had a lot of teak.had it for 10 yrs and know problems, it was a 40 feet

Here's a pic of ours. 2015-03-27 15.54.12.jpg

Well, two pics apparently as I don't know how to post from my iPhone. Ha ha

Hello, does anyone know where to find information,pictures, brochures, plans of Trawler EAGLE 35 built in Taiwan

I’m late to this thread but we have a Transpac Eagle 32. I’ve never had much like finding information about it.

My 1996 edition of Motor Yachts and Trawlers, shows two Eagle trawlers, 32' and 40'.

Length OA-32'0" LWL- 28' Beam 11' 6" Draft- 3' 4" Weight- 36,000#s
Water- 100 gals. Fuel- 150 gals. Hull Type-SD Designer- K. Hankinson

Eagle like forum users Jbear and dave-e.
how can i get in touch with them?

Eagle like forum users Jbear and dave-e.
how can i get in touch with them?

Click on their moniker and a drop down box will open.
Find "Send a :rivate message" and click it.

Then you can send a mssg through the site. Include your email if you wish to have them contact you. Or get them to respond on the site so others can learn from your discussion.

Greetings JBear,
I am wondering if your boat is currently up for sale in Anacortes? I am very interested in it and I am hoping to get a showing of the boat as soon as possible.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom