sea water pump

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kevp56

The sea-water pump on our '73 GB 48' Classic has had it! It was positioned in the engine room, port-side for'd and comes on to the deck port-side by the anchor.

I intend to re-fit it using the now redundant for'd heads raw-water inlet so that it is almost directly under the point of use - no issues there I don't think.

Question is, what brand or specification would you recommend. Ideally it will need to activate when the hose is turned on - presumably via a switch operated by water flow? Not sure how all this works - any ideas please??

Shuflow blaster washdown ($130 Amazon) is frequently used. While it has a pressure switch, it is best to have a separate on/off switch so that it is not always energized.

I recently bought a Jabsco ParMax washdown pump, pressure switch is integrated to it.
The way it works, when you opens the hose, pressure goes down, switch turn the pump, same thing with you fresh water pump when you open the faucet.

L.

We did the same upgrade to our MC-42, reusing the forward head's thru-hull .and adding a pump that goes to a faucet on the bow. Our mechanic selected a Jabsco 82905-0092 pump which is 70 psi and 5 GPM fax flow. It is wired through a breaker on the main 12v panel so we can deactivate it when not being used.

Back
Top Bottom