Fuel Burn 1996 Carver

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DLP

Veteran Member
Vessel Name
Someday's Here
Vessel Make
1987 Jefferson 42
Ok all you math wizards. !996 Carver 400 CMY with 215 hp Cummins
I think cruise is 18-20 ? and WOT is 28 Knots
What would be the fuel burn for each. To damn much?? LOL
I am thinking 5-6 cruise and TDM for WOT
And could you run slower than 18-20 without issues to nav or engines

Have a great day

Thanks in advance

Probably 315 Cummins. At 18-20, probably 7-10gph each, WOT about 17 each, hull speed about 2gph each. Big advantage going slow.

Probably 315 Cummins. At 18-20, probably 7-10gph each, WOT about 17 each, hull speed about 2gph each. Big advantage going slow.

We cruised with one of these over a few summers - Ski has it about perfect if its the 315 Cummins 6b's. At 17 knots they were right about 20 gph total and 0.85 nmpg.
If memory serves me well they were somewhat fuel limited which only showed up on the longer trips.

Here is your boat (our past 38) being trucked to the house, these are not so hard to move....

ry%3D400

Ok all you math wizards. !996 Carver 400 CMY with 215 hp Cummins
I think cruise is 18-20 ? and WOT is 28 Knots
What would be the fuel burn for each. To damn much?? LOL
I am thinking 5-6 cruise and TDM for WOT
And could you run slower than 18-20 without issues to nav or engines

Have a great day

Thanks in advance

I run 210 Cummins on my Symbol 41. I cruise at hull speed most of the time and burn about 4GPH total between the two engines. This is running them at about 1400 RPM.

No idea of burn at 80% throttle. I have no reason to run the boat 5 knots faster for a lot more fuel usage. You can run your engines all day long at a lower RPM without any issue on these engines. As long as you are up to temp on the engines there are no worries.

I get 6.2 knots at 0.87gph with a Seasall S240

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom