Awww Dammit

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

menzies

Guru
Vessel Name
SONAS
Vessel Make
Grand Alaskan 53
Less than two weeks from leaving for the Exumas.

I decided to top off my batteries today.

Did all the house (10 golf cart batteries), then moved to the genny batteries. Topped off the first one, and then topped off the second one, which was pretty low, and a nice stinky sulphur smell came out.

I topped it up, closed it off, and decided it will do until we get back.

Told the missus, and she looked at me and said "are you kidding me? All the prep work we are doing for this trip and you are putting it on the line for two auto batteries? $150?"

Then she walked away!

So I guess I will be lugging a couple of new batteries into the ER on Monday.

So much for being the big kahuna around here!

Smart Lady, or did you do some reverse psychology on her?

Smart Lady, or did you do some reverse psychology on her?

No, I was really going to leave it. I probably would have gotten to the same place in a couple of days, but with all the last minute stuff right now I put it to one side in my mind.

BTW, the wireless cameras arrived today - for the ER and stern. Maybe putting that all on line was where I was thinking.

Yeah, that was it! :D

Greetings,
Mr. S. I doubt very much there was any reverse physiology employed. I can picture the scenario perfectly. Batteries possibly toast. Can't be bothered changing them out. Admiral immediately sees the flaw in this logic/attitude. New battery time. (She's right you know Mr. m....just sayin')

Greetings,
Mr. S. I doubt very much there was any reverse physiology employed. I can picture the scenario perfectly. Batteries possibly toast. Can't be bothered changing them out. Admiral immediately sees the flaw in this logic/attitude. New battery time. (She's right you know Mr. m....just sayin')

Attachments

• raspberry.jpg
    raspberry.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 80
Wifey B: And this after what you posted in the other thread you better hope she doesn't see or you'll find your body's batteries in disrepair. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Menzies

Thread creep

In your travels to the Exumas and adjacent areas, are there decent, clean and trustworthy fuel stops? Do you have sufficient range where this is not an issue?

Bet your wife knows, she sounds pretty sharp.

Menzies

Thread creep

In your travels to the Exumas and adjacent areas, are there decent, clean and trustworthy fuel stops? Do you have sufficient range where this is not an issue?

i will probably not need to refuel during the three months. However there is reputable (all this relative) fueling in Georgetown and Staniel along with a couple of other places. Or I could even top off in Nassau on the way there after the two long runs out, and/or back if I felt the need.

Menzies

Thread creep

Wifey B: Fuel quality and availability really not a problem in the Exumas or elsewhere in the Bahamas. Even in Long Island. :)

You have 2 weeks till leave, I'd change time out now. Couldn't the bad battery drag down the good one or do you have 2 generator batteries and 2 generators?

i will probably not need to refuel during the three months. However there is reputable (all this relative) fueling in Georgetown and Staniel along with a couple of other places. Or I could even top off in Nassau on the way there after the two long runs out, and/or back if I felt the need.

I'd top off in Nassau just based on the price.

Awww, the price you have to pay for peace of mind. Priceless.

Back
Top Bottom