Trawler/cruisers get together Near Houma, La.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Steve

Guru
Vessel Name
Gumbo
Vessel Make
2003 Monk 36
For several years now, we have had a "boaters lunch" at the camp at Rebecca Plantation just off Hwy US-90 & La-311 (that's exit 200) near Houma, La. It is landlocked so we can't get there in our boats but it's easy by car.
We have lunch, bring charts, computers with pictures of your boats and projects, and talk of boat trips taken and planned. Marsha and I will supply pulled pork sandwiches and salad, Looks like we'll have Jambalaya too! some folks will volunteer to bring dessert and snacks. It is all very informal and BYOL. Arrive 10-11 am stay till???
We will be doing this on Saturday, March 11 if any of you would like to attend you will be more than welcome. For more information, questions or comments you can ask on this thread or contact me at:
stwillett at aol dot com or Private Message me on this forum

Thanks for doing this again Steve !!!! Had a great time at the last one and talking with other ladies my wife eased some of her fears of boat life.

We'd love to come. Will be in touch when it gets a little closer about what we can bring.

Glad to hear Tony B and Helen are going to make the trip

THANKS !!!!! Steve & Marsha for hosting another great gathering, we have learned so so much from everyone there.

I have to say the Trawler Lunch came off very well, we had about 25 people attend. This included Trawlerforum members Kartracer, Berwick, Tony B, Steve, Star, Starsman, Charles, and Cajun Flyer and other boaters from this area. There was lots of great food and talk of boats, boat projects, trips taken and planned for the future.
A few pictures taken by Tony B and Helen follow.

Attachments

• Trawler lunch 2017 #3.jpg
    Trawler lunch 2017 #3.jpg
    120.5 KB · Views: 133
  • Trawler lunch 2017 #2.jpg
    Trawler lunch 2017 #2.jpg
    124 KB · Views: 120
  • trawler lunch 2017 #1.jpg
    trawler lunch 2017 #1.jpg
    130.7 KB · Views: 132
It was a lot of fun. Thanks for the invite. Already looking forward to the next one!

Back
Top Bottom