Radar cable run Mainship

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tooldev

Vessel Name
After Sailing
Vessel Make
Mainship 390
Hello all
I am sitting in my boat which is covered in snow, trying to remove the radar cable which goes up the mast.
The mast is removed, I attached a trace wire to the end of the cable and try to remove it.
It appears to come out in the upper helm but will not move in either direction.
My question is, does anybody know the location of the run? Is there an access cover I am not aware off?
It may just be the lack of flexibility of the cable due to the cold.
Any hint would be appreciated .
Thanks
Peter

I know in my case (different boat) the cable made at least two 90* turns. It was warm and they were stiff. If it were cold they in all likelihood are about as stiff as being solid. Where do all the other wires come through? If it is the same run and it probably is the entire run is really packed in which compounds any other environmental challenges.

I have also found that clams were added on my old radar. A lot of "sailor" language that day.....

although I have not checked this personally on my boat I am told that if you remove the round light fixture in the salon you can see the cable. However, radar on Mainships was not factory installed so your may be run differently than mine. Good luck. Let me know what you find.
John

Thank you, I opted to leave it until it gets warmer, no use cashing more damage than necessary

Thanks john,
Removing the big round light makes sense since it appears to be right on the theoretical path. I will check this out once I don't have to climb 8 foot snowdrifts to get to my vessel

Back
Top Bottom