Cannon found in Cape Fear

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PlanB

A friend of mine is an archaeologist near Wilmington, NC and I saw a post of his on Facebook today. He and his team found a 250 year old cannon in the Cape Fear! I've attached pics of the FB post and where it was located. Here's the article: Capt. William Dry's brave patriotism helped spur Revolutionary War - News - Wilmington Star News - Wilmington, NC

If you're sailing or boating in the area this is a great place to stop. It's a true learning experience for children and adults, too. When I was looking on the map to see where it was found, I saw that Navionics even has "Ruins of Old Brunswick" on their charts! I put a a blue marker on the chart where the cannon was found so you can see. I've been to the plantation before (by way of land) and it's a really neat place. Definitely worth visiting if you're in the area.

Attachments

• IMG_0316.jpg
    IMG_0316.jpg
    117.5 KB · Views: 107
  • IMG_1152.jpg
    IMG_1152.jpg
    158.3 KB · Views: 122
  • IMG_1154.PNG
    IMG_1154.PNG
    164.2 KB · Views: 107
A friend of mine is an archaeologist near Wilmington, NC and I saw a post of his on Facebook today. He and his team found a 250 year old cannon in the Cape Fear! I've attached pics of the FB post and where it was located. Here's the article: Capt. William Dry's brave patriotism helped spur Revolutionary War - News - Wilmington Star News - Wilmington, NC

If you're sailing or boating in the area this is a great place to stop. It's a true learning experience for children and adults, too. When I was looking on the map to see where it was found, I saw that Navionics even has "Ruins of Old Brunswick" on their charts! I put a a blue marker on the chart where the cannon was found so you can see. I've been to the plantation before (by way of land) and it's a really neat place. Definitely worth visiting if you're in the area.

There are tons of wrecks around here.

Back
Top Bottom