CHB Wall Finishes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Island15

Veteran Member
Vessel Name
Little Missy
Vessel Make
CHB
I don't know what the product is but on my 1976 CHB trawler there is a product that looks like wall paper on the ceiling as well as the wall of the forward birth between the small strips of teak. It looks like when they tried to re-stain the teak they got it all over the "wall-paper" or what ever it is. Can I repaint it or do I need to replace it with bead board or some other product! Any other suggestions? I tried to post pictures but?

Greetings,
Mr. I. If your 1976 CHB is anything like the 1974 MT we had, you can remove the "ceiling" liners/covers quite easily after removing the teak strips. The MT had a patterned vinyl type covering which I sprayed with a plastic compatible spray paint. Krylon brand as I recall. https://www.krylon.com/products/fusion-for-plastic/

As a testimony for the paint, I was looking for a 1 or 2 gallon yellow plastic fuel can for diesel for topping up my fuel filters. Couldn't readily find one so shot a red plastic gasoline can with yellow Krylon and after 3 years it hasn't deteriorated at all even in contact with the diesel dribbles.

I was worried that it might peel off if it got wet from the paint?
And I don't know how nice yellow would look!:rofl:

Greetings,
Mr. I. "...it might peel off..." Ahhhh...Valid concern. The volatiles in the paint may dissolve the "wall paper" adhesive. In that case, try a small section and use pink. Light coats, mind you.

You can buy that type of covering from Defender or any of the major marine suppliers.

It's called "Nautolex CM-6-94".

Don't ask how I know.

Back
Top Bottom