Hot water connections

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

0025RLL

I have a 2001 390 with a Cummins motor. I would like to hook my hot water heater to the motor but I'm not exactly sure where to connect the hoses. I would like to take advantage of the heat produced from the motor while in transit.

Does anyone have a picture of the proper port location? I need a feed and a return line and I intend on adding isolation valves as a precaution if the hoses or hot water heater fails.

Thanks in advance for your time.

R Lemire
Dream Catcher
CT

No Pic, but pretty easy to explain. On the forward end of the exhaust manifold there is a coolant hose that ties in down by the fresh water pump. Tee that line for hot water out. On my engine there was a plugged hole on the fresh water pump housing. That's your return point.

The exhaust manifold has nice hot water with a continuous flow (not interrupted by the thermostat). It's important to tee the line (not divert it) so that flow through the turbo and exhaust manifold is never reduced or interrupted.

Install valves at both points to be able to isolate the loop in the event of a leak.

Ted

Back
Top Bottom