Fake Teak deck Covering

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Vessel Name
Apache II
Vessel Make
1974 Donald Jones
I was at the Seattle Boat show.

There I saw a number of boats with a deck covering that Resembles Teak. I was told it was available but I didn't find out much more about it.*

Looked to be about an 1/8 of an inch thick with great anti skid properties. light brown in color with a black stripe and edge.

*Anybody know what I am talking about?

SD

google flexteak, plastiteak, etc. The stuff is PRICY! Gets hot as all get out in the sun too but that won't be an issue for you in AK! :)

It is pricey but that is what some of the companies use in the inside.* Mainship being one of them.* It is great and it cleans up easy.* Looks like T&H.

You can get it in most all of the yards here in Florida. Easy to work with I am told. Pricey however!

so far everyone says expensive.

*I haven't been able to find a cost per foot.

How about a supplier in the states.

SD

I got a bid to put some down on our bridge- they quoted like $60 a sq ft! Crazy.

Wow!!*

Lipstick on a pig. In my case.

The stuff would sure look great on The Apache II

Thanks

SD

I went to town today and saw (at the hardware store) Rustoleum 2-part epoxy (water based) garage floor covering. $80. per one car garage (sq ft). It's light blue or tan w contrasting colored flecks (1/4"). I'd like to do Willy*** ...the entire inside of the outside.
I'll do much research first. Prolly should just use Brightside w lots of "pre-kote" primer and anti-skid.

Forget a fau teak paint job , Treadmaster, if NOT falling overboard has a value.

Eric
We did interior of several rooms on the tug with Rustoleum garage paint. It has held up extremely well(on steel) but I think I would think twice about using it on exterior decks. Many report good results with truck bed coatings like Rhino liner and others. They sell DIY kits of this. It is made for the outdoors and apparently has excellent nonskid properties. Reports from others- no first hand
knowledge.

May be a good idea but I spoze it's black*** ...uhgg. Who would want black decks.
On the garage floor coating I just thought it may have little UV resistance.

Not just black! these come in many colors. Passagemaker Mag did a story on a high end boat that did this to her decks at the builder. I don't remember the color but, I assure you it wasn't black.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom