What 32' - 35' boat to buy?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DanClapp

I just got a 37' slip in my NJ boat club, but 37' is the total length including swim platform and bow pulpit. I want diesel (preferably 2), flybridge, newer than 2005, but not brand new. $150k +/- I like the Mainship 35 and the Albin.

I'm 51. Lifetime sailer & race boater. New to cruising. Want to do the Loop someday. Please help me choose the right boat.

What is the width of the slip?

Bayliner 3288 LOA36.5 ft

Nordic Tug 32/34. LOA34'11''

Both could be had in your price range although your might have to go a little older than what you have listed.

Bayliner too long NT too no FB.

34 CHB in excellent contition.

Thats like asking "Who should I marry?" we will give advice as asked. Some of it may even be worth the price you don't pay for it.
Welcome aboard and you might have a good time with us.

2005 or later? I think not.

Why do you say that Al..? Did you mean that they would be, not available in that vintage, too expensive if they were, or not good enough condition..? Because I think you might be wrong on all counts - other than the actual name, that is. Sure, CHB or Chung Hwa Boats, was a Taiwanese builder, made mine in fact, but the moulds were moved to China, ShangHai I believe, and they are still turning them out. Over here, where they were called Clippers, there is still a strong demand for them, called now the Evolution Series, but I think they are also going to the US, ? under the Marine Trader name, but I might be wrong there. The Clipper/Marine Trader 34/36/38 of the 2005 era could well meet all the OP's requirements. Old chestnuts re leaking teak decks, leaking iron tanks etc, long solved, and the basic hull shapes are still among the best out there. :thumb:

Hoot

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    19.2 KB · Views: 98
Look in the Florida Mariner , you may find the boat of your dreams a 2 day drive down I 95 ,, at half of the price in NJ.

How fast, how far, how soon, what features, how perfect? Depending on your anticipated use and willingness to do/have work done there are some reasonably priced boats out there.

Back
Top Bottom