Air Unit Mainship Pilot 30 Rumrunner

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Skyboss

Vessel Name
Skyboss
Vessel Make
2007 Mainship Pilot
Hello, I am in negotiations on a 2005 Mainship Pilot 30. The boat has listed air/heat but on survey the heat did not work.I was told by broker that "heat" may be an "option"on that boat. Question, does that sound legit ? Thanks

It could be correct in that some of the cheaper units are cool only and don't have reversing valves for heat.

But it could just as easily be that you or your surveyor didn't know how to switch it to heat. The Cruiseaire which I have has to be set up using the thermostat panel to automatically switch from cool to heat.

Good luck on closing the deal on your Pilot 30.

David

Where is the boat? Most units require water temp of > 40f to generate heat. Where I live we may not quite be there :)

Hello, I am in negotiations on a 2005 Mainship Pilot 30. The boat has listed air/heat but on survey the heat did not work.I was told by broker that "heat" may be an "option"on that boat. Question, does that sound legit ? Thanks

More familiar w/ MS 34T / HT can't speak for the MS 30P

A maybe isn't really factual - just a speculative answer by broker and I wouldn't put much faith in it w/o more digging or facts...

Here's a link to an intro to marine A/C systems...
How To Troubleshoot Your Boats A/C System
If you really want to know you will probably have to spend more time aboard...
checking Mfg - Model # & researching whether it is a reverse cycle unit (heat + cool)
Does the control have both heat & cool cycles available?
The link mentions problems w/ reversing valve if they are not operated periodically - guessing maybe in Fl not much need for heat and not operated much???

Thanks, everyone

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom