Hopeful powerboat cruising family from SF Bay Area

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nightlyrats

Hello!

The kind folks over at the Cruisers Forum directed me here, so I thought I'd cross-post my introduction.

We are a family of 3 (which may be expanding soon) in the SF Bay Area looking to try out the cruising lifestyle on a powerboat.

We're currently looking into taking basic powerboating lessons at Club Nautique and chartering a boat for a week-long vacation this summer to see how we like it.

I am joining this forum in the hopes to meet similarly minded people and learn about lessons, certifications, clubs, powerboats, family cruising, etc.

I look forward to getting to know you all!

-nightlyrats

Congrats on the new rug rat!

Welcome to the forum! Sounds like you're doing your home work, smart.

Ted

Welcome aboard, nightlyrats! And congrats on your future expansion! Lots to sort out and learn, but hopefully the good folks on the forum can help you along your way.

We have many members in the SF Bay and CA Delta areas. Sometimes we get together socially via boat, car or bike...whatever works for you. Hopefully you can join us, meet some great folks and check out the boats to help decide the style that best suits your needs. Wide side decks and high bulwarks provide enhanced safety for the water rats. Also, kids love bunk beds.

If you're interested, keep an eye out for a future TF Rendezvous and check out the SF BAY and CA Delta Cruisers Social Group. If you subscribe to the group, you'll get email notifications of posts there. Unfortunately, the posts don't show up on the Trawler Discussions column on the right side of this page.

Welcome aboard, nightlyrats! And congrats on your future expansion! Lots to sort out and learn, but hopefully the good folks on the forum can help you along your way.

We have many members in the SF Bay and CA Delta areas. Sometimes we get together socially via boat, car or bike...whatever works for you. Hopefully you can join us, meet some great folks and check out the boats to help decide the style that best suits your needs. Wide side decks and high bulwarks provide enhanced safety for the water rats. Also, kids love bunk beds.

If you're interested, keep an eye out for a future TF Rendezvous and check out the SF BAY and CA Delta Cruisers Social Group. If you subscribe to the group, you'll get email notifications of posts there. Unfortunately, the posts don't show up on the Trawler Discussions column on the right side of this page.

Thank you for the initiation, FlyWright! I am just so touched by the warm welcome I've gotten here, and I'm already learning a lot reading through the forum posts. Kudos to you and your team for keeping this great site running.

I will definitely subscribe to the local group, and I am very much looking forward to a meetup. If this forum is any indication, the boating crowd seems like good people.

See you around,

-nightlyrats

I will definitely subscribe to the local group, and I am very much looking forward to a meetup. If this forum is any indication, the boating crowd seems like good people. See you around,-nightlyrats

You couldn't ask for a friendlier group of boat lovers than the TF Bay area bunch. They love them there boats.

Attachments

• TF west coast.jpg
    TF west coast.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 68
Welcome aboard!
A word of warning. Don't ask about anchors or guns. You'll never hear the end of it.
Your anchor is too small, it's the wrong kind and you don't have enough chain.
Your gun is too small, it's the wrong kind and you don't have enough ammunition.

Watch out for pictures posted by Larry. He has crazy photoshop skills.

RT Firefly is a little nuts but he tries to hide it when welcoming new victims to the fold. He's also pretty smart.

The guys here are all pretty smart. I've been playing with boats more than fifty years and I learn something from them every day.

Oh, and a sincere welcome to the Forum too.:)

Let us know when you're ready.

img_424903_0_6cd9b0398912d08d5fe05b0b9864b764.jpg

Fire up the banjos, boys!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom