2 Person Hot Tub

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

menzies

Guru
Vessel Name
SONAS
Vessel Make
Grand Alaskan 53
OK, no wise ass cracks!

When I was searching the Yachtworld listings a month or so ago I saw a small hot tub on the upper back deck of a 50 or so footer. I didn't save the link and now cannot find the durn thing.

It looked like a two or four seater, round with a full cover.

Any ideas what brand it could have been?

I have seen small inflatable ones at RV shows. Try googling inflatable hot tub.

Always wanted to buy 200 feel of black hose and a kiddie pool and try a little solar style tub. If not enough...a small heat exchanger (coil of copper and a charcoal grill if up off the dock area). yep... me (Jed Clampett) and Ellie May. :D

There is nothing unique about the hot tubs on boats. Several brands of soft tubs available plus many two person hard tubs.

A couple of pointers.

Remember weight. The smallest of hot tubs will add 1600 or more pounds to the boat when full as they take about 200 gallons of water.

I know I'm a bit obsessive about this but hot tubs and jacuzzi's are responsible for a lot of serious lung disease. You must diligently sterilize it as otherwise bacteria develops in the pipes and then the tubs. They are high maintenance when done right.

Many boaters drain theirs when underway. Others do not.

We love having a hot tub on the boat. Very romantic to be sitting in one under the stars at night, or just enjoying during the day. However, under the moon and stars is the best, and sometimes even calls for strawberries and chocolate and champagne.

Try a Google search for

Soft. Tub

hqdefault.jpg

There is nothing unique about the hot tubs on boats. Several brands of soft tubs available plus many two person hard tubs.

A couple of pointers.

Remember weight. The smallest of hot tubs will add 1600 or more pounds to the boat when full as they take about 200 gallons of water.

I know I'm a bit obsessive about this but hot tubs and jacuzzi's are responsible for a lot of serious lung disease. You must diligently sterilize it as otherwise bacteria develops in the pipes and then the tubs. They are high maintenance when done right.

We love having a hot tub on the boat. Very romantic to be sitting in one under the stars at night, or just enjoying during the day. However, under the moon and stars is the best, and sometimes even calls for strawberries and chocolate and champagne.

Understand. The ones I have found so far are actually 2100# full.

What I would really like is one that can be pumped with salt water and heated. Then emptied overboard when about to get underway.

Some of the Nordhavn 62s had them on the upper back deck, but I am looking at installing one on a 53, which does have the room.

I have seen small inflatable ones at RV shows. Try googling inflatable hot tub.

Always wanted to buy 200 feel of black hose and a kiddie pool and try a little solar style tub. If not enough...a small heat exchanger (coil of copper and a charcoal grill if up off the dock area). yep... me (Jed Clampett) and Ellie May. :D

The old Paloma demand hot water system works really well for this application
They are getting hard to find used but usually cheap.

YMMV

The old Paloma demand hot water system works really well for this application

They are getting hard to find used but usually cheap.

YMMV

:thumb::thumb:

Baptistery water heaters work great for that application too but are seldom cheap but occasionally a used one pops up on Craigslist.

A friend had one on his 55 Northern Marine. Even with stabilizers rolling caused some water loss. Honestly, I wouldn't recommend it.

Keith

I've see a handful on houseboats in the 50' plus size.

Sent from my iPad using Trawler Forum

A couple of pointers.

Did WifeyB write this????

Marty

There was one similar to that at the Seattle show about 10 years ago called the Yachtub. It floated next you and was heated from electric heater/pump on the boat.

Tom

Did WifeyB write this????

Wifey B: Not guilty. Hubby is a romantic. I probably would have alluded to what might have been going on in the hot tub. Talked about the jets. Or perhaps mentioned that while two is company, three or more's a party.....:D

I am just thinking of emptying my hot water tank into my RHIB. One good idea deserves another...

....now if I could get a couple jets hooked into the coolant water of the outboard....hmmmmm

Greetings,
Mr. ps. "....now if I could get a couple jets hooked into the coolant water of the outboard....hmmmmm". Review post #5.

RTF...not sure how YOUR RHIB is designed...but on mine the motor is supposed to go on the other way.... :D

But...where there is a will...there is a way...:thumb:

How about a 37-footer with hot tub? This is the Great Harbour GH37, C View. I was the sales guy for Great Harbour - but not when this was built. So, I can't comment about how it worked out...

Attachments

• C-View.jpg
    C-View.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 103
There was a 48' Hatt for sale over on the space coat with a two person hot tub on it. We looked at it, even had it hauled out. The upper deck had additional supports in place to hold the tub up. The boat had other issues so we walked away.

How many of you have hot tubs at home? After maybe 2 years, how often do you use it? And that's in a place you live most of your life. And the engineering is zero. And water is free and power almost free.

Seriously, this is a bad idea on a boat.

Keith

How many of you have hot tubs at home? After maybe 2 years, how often do you use it? And that's in a place you live most of your life. And the engineering is zero. And water is free and power almost free.

Keith

Wifey B: When home about twice a week.

On boat, about 1.37624113 times per week.

Several of us used it today.

Try this site, I have a 4 person Softub at home, they make smaller ones and they are well built, light and really nice. Softub Canada

OK, no wise ass cracks!

When I was searching the Yachtworld listings a month or so ago I saw a small hot tub on the upper back deck of a 50 or so footer. I didn't save the link and now cannot find the durn thing.

It looked like a two or four seater, round with a full cover.

Any ideas what brand it could have been?

That was on a Defever 50, I also saw that and took a screen :lol:

Keith

We use our home one a lot, all year long. But then we have a really nice setting - but I would imagine the setting from the boat at anchorage would be even better.

Attachments

• PassageDock.jpg
    PassageDock.jpg
    139.7 KB · Views: 85
  • Lagoon Evening.jpg
    Lagoon Evening.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 110
Many of our boats are a really bad idea for people that hardly ever use one....same could be said of most American toys.

For people who REALLY would use one or if it is an insignificant cost for someone...then I like them. People who really use them tend to be outdoors in them rather than in front of the tube.

If you are into star gazing...hardly a better way I have found. I would put one on my boat in a second if it could handle one.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom