Future Looper

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

River Rat

Vessel Name
Sabrina
Vessel Make
'85 KK36 Manatee
Hello, I've been lurking for years here and on Cruisers Forum, but never introduced myself. I'll be more active now that we're getting closer to living the dream.

My husband and I plan to spend most of our retirement years coastal cruising in the east coast (think snowbirds) and doing the Great Loop.

We currently boat in the mid/upper Chesapeake Bay with our 28' SeaRay Sundeck and are in the market for a trawler. Wish us luck!

Kitty
aka River Rat
FWIW, I picked the name River Rat years before I read The Wind in the Willows by Kenneth Grahame and met Ratty :) Must be fate.
--------------------------------
"Believe me, my young friend, there is nothing — absolutely nothing — half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats." -Rat

Welcome to the Forum. And undoubtedly you are one of the few who will pick up on my avatar picture. :)

Kitty
aka River Rat
FWIW, I picked the name River Rat years before I read The Wind in the Willows by Kenneth Grahame and met Ratty :) Must be fate.
--------------------------------
"Believe me, my young friend, there is nothing — absolutely nothing — half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats." -Rat

Wifey B: Definitely like messing about in boats....:D

Good luck in your search. Actually you're in a great place to search and judge too as typically a boat that's nice for the Chesapeake and all it's areas will then be great for the coast and the loop. Within the Chesapeake you have many different types of conditions and boating.

P.S. We love Annapolis and all the nearby area.

The Chesapeake Bay is a great place to boat (except in the winter). We are originally from MD and my wife's sister lives just off the Magothy River. We cruised the Chesapeake Bay in 2014 and plan to head there again this spring/summer.

Good luck in your search for a trawler. As long as you are happy going slow, I think you will love it.

Welcome to the Forum. And undoubtedly you are one of the few who will pick up on my avatar picture. :)

Yes! I've admired your avatar picture several times! :thumb:

Welcome to the forum River Rat! I'm just South of you in Crisfield, MD. Based out of Somers Cove in the Summer and Fort Myers, FL in the Winter. Will be heading off on The Great Loop in 2017. Looking forward to cruising the Chesepeake this Summer.

Ted

Wifey B: We came from the world of runabouts like your Sea Ray as we boated on a lake prior to 2012. While there are certainly differences on a larger boat or trawler type boat, you'll have no problem making the transition. You probably have a lot of hours on the water or "sea days" and are ahead of most starting out in a trawler type.

Thanks everyone for the kind welcome.

WifeyB, our other boat is a pontoon boat. :) We love putt putt putting along.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom