Gb 58

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tidahapah

Guru
Vessel Name
Flora
Vessel Make
Timber southern cray boat
Saw this GB 58 in Urangan,Qld., Australia recently.
A really nice looking vessel, in need of a bit of TLC but unusually I can not find photos of another GB like her.
Raised pilot house and a nice big back deck.
Anybody got ideas on model , year etc.

Attachments

• IMG_0864.jpg
    IMG_0864.jpg
    165.6 KB · Views: 147
  • IMG_0865.jpg
    IMG_0865.jpg
    196.3 KB · Views: 141
  • IMG_0866.jpg
    IMG_0866.jpg
    161 KB · Views: 149
Almost looks like a modification to a 58'. I keep looking at the aft shearline break. Was that added when the cockpit was extended? I need to spend some time with this one....

I agree with Giggitoni, there was a big modification to this 58'. I know one moored in Antibes, I will take pics and show off. I don't like that kind of huge modification on a boat.

Looks like a wooden boat to me. The one on Yachtworld is not a raised pilothouse. I remember a larger wooden GB at the Sidney, BC rendezvous in the mid 90's. I believe it was a 64'.
Tator

Impressive. Too much boat for me, however.

Saw this GB 58 in Urangan,Qld., Australia recently.
A really nice looking vessel, in need of a bit of TLC but unusually I can not find photos of another GB like her.
Raised pilot house and a nice big back deck.
Anybody got ideas on model , year etc.

Tidahapah,

This vessel was at the RPAYC Pittwater for some years. Over a period of 4 Years I never saw it out on the water. It was in need of TLC then. Hopefully the current owner will or has started to bring her back ?

Cheers Chris D Liberty Australia

Looks like a wooden boat to me. The one on Yachtworld is not a raised pilothouse. I remember a larger wooden GB at the Sidney, BC rendezvous in the mid 90's. I believe it was a 64'.
Tator

If it is a woody, it could be an early GB Alaskan. However, most, if not all, of the Alaskans had a Portuguese bridge. I still think it was chopped and lengthened at some point.

Last edited:
I believe the largest Alaskan was the 55', only 12 made.

Ted

From what I could gather and my own inspection she is glass with timber transom.
The new owner has fitted some new hardware so think she may get a bit of a makeover in the near future.
I hope so anyway.
Cheers
Benn

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom