2 Things That really Bugged Me!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Codger2

Guru
Vessel Name
Circuit Breaker
Vessel Make
2021..22' Duffy Cuddy cabin
Although I love being out on the water, I hated dealing with my black hose & it's eternal winding around the dock box. Add to this a 220a power cord whos connection was quite a reach from the dock! (Not to mention the old style threaded ring that I cross threaded more than I care to admit.) These two things kept me from taking the boat out much more often.

Enter a new 220a Smart Plug (next week) and a 75' hose reel!
Now, rinsing the boat off with DI water after each outing is a piece of cake! (Not to mention plugging in the power cord without a threaded ring.)

The reel also has a "quick disconnect" that allows me to push a tab and remove the reel and hose from its mount and store it in the dock box. No more boat washers stealing my hose nozzle or using my DI water.) :D

Attachments

• Sandpiper.jpg
    Sandpiper.jpg
    149.1 KB · Views: 137
  • Hose Reel.jpg
    Hose Reel.jpg
    149.5 KB · Views: 149
  • Smart Plug.jpg
    Smart Plug.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 107
Walt - With such problems how did you stand to get out of bed in morning?

Jus kidden!! - Good refits to make getting out of bed even easier!!

Art

Walt - With such problems how did you stand to get out of bed in morning?

Jus kidden!! - Good refits to make getting out of bed even easier!!

Art
Art, You've hit the nail squarely on the head! Anything I can do to make this docking/undocking process simpler & faster I'm for! (Also, I'm staring down the barrels of being 75 and unlike you young guys, I'm not that mobile anymore.)

Last edited:
Art, You've hit the nail squarely on the head! Anything I can do to make this docking/undocking process simpler & faster I'm for! (Also, I'm staring down the barrels of being 75 and unlike you young guys, I'm not that mobile anymore.)

Walt

Thanks for providing inspiration!

Like You - We all jus gotta... Keep On Keepen On!

:whistling:

The Smartplugs make life much easier when getting back to the slip after dark, no fumbling around getting the old style lined up and the lock ring started.

Sent from my iPad using Trawler Forum

Codger2 wrote: "Anything I can do to make this docking/undocking process simpler & faster I'm for"!

Ditto. The more inconveniences there are to using your boat, the less you'll use it. I'm a firm believer in making it easy to decide to go, even if means a little more upkeep owing to having (for example) fewer sun-covers.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom