Lehman Lift Pump fittings

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JohnP

Guru
Vessel Name
V E N T U R E
Vessel Make
1996 36' Island Gypsy Classic
Please educate me.

What are the fittings that are shown in the images called?

Like to get a similar one for the bottom connection to the fuel hose.

Thanks John

Attachments

• DSC04086.jpg
    DSC04086.jpg
    127.7 KB · Views: 90
  • DSC04087.jpg
    DSC04087.jpg
    103.5 KB · Views: 88
I think it is called a ferrule fitting but I am not 100% sure

If that is not it may get your search in the right direction

Last edited:
It is a compression fitting, with the ferrule being the brass ring slipped over the pipe. When you tighten the pipe fitting, it presses the sharp edges of the brass ferrule into the pipe, making a tight junction. You have to use a new ferrule if you replace it, and make sure the pipe is smooth so it has a good mating surface to seal against.

What are the fittings that are shown in the images called?

Would you believe ... wait for it now ... a Ford Nut Compression Fitting.

Sometimes called a Stromberg fitting since they were made for carburetor fuel connections back in the day.

Chances are, if it has been properly tightened, the ferrule will not come off.

Bobh, if you have a bad fitting, you can cut off the ring, sand the pipe smooth and put a new compression ferrule on the clean pipe and install it again. Limited number of times by pipe length.

stu

Thanks Guys!!

Stromberg fittings--Ford Nut Comp Fitting--

Lots of options on my search---If I can't find them tomorrow I will overnight them from Ebay.

Can't have any down time in August!!!

Thanks.

Bobh, if you have a bad fitting, you can cut off the ring, sand the pipe smooth and put a new compression ferrule on the clean pipe and install it again. Limited number of times by pipe length.

stu

Sometimes. I had one where the ferrule was somehow put on crooked and put such a distorted crimp in the tubing that I had to replace the tubing.

If the ferrule was properly used it should be possible to just reuse, retighten the fitting. If it leaks, cut the tubing back and start over.

Looks like same screw as used on car brake line inverted flares. Might be able to buy a brake line, cut the flare off and put on a ferrule from a hardware store compression fitting.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom