SF to LA in 30 Hours -

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
awesome. Pics for us old guys?

Here ya go! Old is only a state of mind ? ImageUploadedByTrawler Forum1439751801.044865.jpgImageUploadedByTrawler Forum1439751827.669374.jpgImageUploadedByTrawler Forum1439751863.122249.jpgImageUploadedByTrawler Forum1439751884.898478.jpgImageUploadedByTrawler Forum1439752003.849161.jpgImageUploadedByTrawler Forum1439752097.917420.jpg

Reactions: GT6
The 100 miles of San Diego to Marina Del Rey

We left San Diego at 7 am for the uphill 100 mile trip puling into Marina Del Rey at 430.
First couple of hours seas were 4-6 at 8-9 seconds which led to a classic comment from my wife “ I like going downhill better”. I said we could continue to Mexico …… “ Comfortable ride in the small seas but the wave period provided for some steep sets. Boat was extremely stable as we took them about 45 degrees of f the bow. Smoothed out until the afternoon winds kicked up to 17-20 knots and the wind waves against the current required we slow to 6-8 knots to keep from getting beat up to bad. Those are conditions we encounter all of the time in the bay so we felt home.

The trip up the coast was flawless, lots of heavy traffic where the shipping lanes merge outside of Long Beach, we cut through just inside the three oil platforms.
We secured a new slip for the Emily B in Marina Del Rey where we’re going to keep her for a couple of months to explore the Southern coast and Channel Islands. Almost everyone in the Marina we’re at are liveaboards including a couple who have circumnavigated and have some great stories we’ll be hearing.

This was our second trip in two years down the coast and we’re happy to be putting some miles under the keel of the Emily B. Macerator pump bit the dust on the trip up from San Diego and is added to the list of “spares” to have on board. Starboard Raw water filter picked up quite a bit of seaweed but other than that another great adventure.

If you’re thinking about taking your own ……. Just do it.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom