Cockpit Furniture

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Codger2

Guru
Vessel Name
Circuit Breaker
Vessel Make
2021..22' Duffy Cuddy cabin
Our boat had no cockpit furniture when we bought it. No lockers, cabinets, etc. We saw these chairs on another Ocean Alexander that had fold out tables which have been great! My wife found them on Amazon for $80/ea.

They fold up when not needed and store easily under the fly bridge ladder or in the Lazarette. (SP?)

We also use them in the salon.

Attachments

• FullSizeRender-4.jpg
    FullSizeRender-4.jpg
    161.9 KB · Views: 141
  • FullSizeRender-10.jpg
    FullSizeRender-10.jpg
    171.2 KB · Views: 130
I think having the chairs like that is a better use of space than having the table and bench built into the boat.

Before we had the tug, we used those cheap chairs that fold like umbrellas, usually when people were hanging out on the dock or by the clubhouse grills. Once we bought the Tug, we needed seating for the cockpit and upper deck. We went with the Pico chairs. Pricey but three years in and we love them. The fact that they fold up to the size of a large laptop and have shoulder carry bags is also great. Several friends have now made the same purchases. On the upper deck (our usual outside hangout), we use the large cooler as a table.

61krBibx4rL._SL1000_.jpg

The less expensive brands work well as the plastic parts all DIE in sunlight ,

and its less hassle if a breeze takes them some midnight.

We have the room and use plastic recliners , that fold , if we bother.

Our boat had no cockpit furniture when we bought it. No lockers, cabinets, etc. We saw these chairs on another Ocean Alexander that had fold out tables which have been great! My wife found them on Amazon for $80/ea.

They fold up when not needed and store easily under the fly bridge ladder or in the Lazarette. (SP?)

We also use them in the salon.

Those are nice!

I think we have the same ones, also from Amazon on our boat minus the side tables.

Well, I must be in the wrong group. I thought everyone would have Stidd seats in the cockpit.:confused:

img_354050_0_b5e1fa3962108205bf1a7666e6b0599d.jpg

well, doesn't anyone else have Stidd cockpit seating?

The Coot's cockpit has built-in seating. Well, at least there's no fear of it blowing away. :blush:

Attachments

• Screen shot 2015-02-14 at 6.45.59 AM.jpg
    Screen shot 2015-02-14 at 6.45.59 AM.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 85
  • IMG_0824.jpg
    IMG_0824.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 79
Hey guys, it was a joke. I just had to do that to Walt with that spiffy new luxury liner. I just put my Stidd helm seat covers over my lowly West Marine folding chairs.

img_354146_0_b836cd2c907881c35120822191b8d10f.jpg

By the way, like a man-o-war when we go fishing we clear the decks for action. The chairs store neatly in the lazerette. The two rods in the picture are my two favorites---30# class stand up rods. You can really put the leverage on a fish with those.

I just put my Stidd helm seat covers over my lowly West Marine folding chairs.
I'm willing to bet a considerable sum that "there's not one damn "lowly" thing on your boat!" :socool:

(BTW...I love the rods!)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom