See you next year?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

markpierce

Master and Commander
Vessel Name
Carquinez Coot
Vessel Make
penultimate Seahorse Marine Coot hull #6
I'll be spending most of my time centered around the Carquinez Strait (northeast of San Francisco) starting next year.* Give me a toot!

ry%3D400

Nice! Is that an aluminum hull?

Thanks!

It's steel: 10 mm keel, 5 mm bottom, and 4 mm hull sides and superstructure. Stainless-steel bow plate. Coot hull #6, 35x13-foot recreational trawler.

We keep our boat in Vallejo. Where are you located?

Ray

The boat (Carquinez Coot) is*near Hong Kong, under construction.* (The photo was taken yesterday.)* The Vallejo Marina will likely be its future home.

-- Edited by markpierce on Sunday 26th of September 2010 12:42:30 PM

-- Edited by markpierce on Sunday 26th of September 2010 12:44:12 PM

I'm down in the south bay but maybe I will see you out there!

You gotta love the firewood blocking up the boat.* When I was last in Hong Kong, there was no metal scaffolding either, it was all bamboo and it worked quite well.* Our factory was several story's tall, and the bamboo went all the way to the top.* One day just as I walked out the main entrance, a piece came crashing down, just missing me.* Looking up, I saw a guy with a big knife cutting the lashings, and just letting all the pieces drop to the ground.** Quite an eye opener.................Arctic Traveller

Arctic Traveller wrote:

You gotta love the firewood blocking up the boat.* ...

*No doubt they're remnants from the Ming Dynasty.

Beautifull boat and an interesting hull design.
*How much Diesel Duck is there to it?

SD

skipperdude wrote:

Beautifull boat and an interesting hull design.
*How much Diesel Duck is there to it?
Same designer.* Both have strong, work-boat hulls made of steel with keel protecting propeller and shaft.* Except for the pilothouse, the DD's superstructure is lower with smaller windows rather than the higher saloon used on the Coot, making the DD better in angrier seas.*

Of course, the DD is significantly larger and more expensive.* The designer classifies the DD as a "troller" since it has a sail plan large enough to assist the engine, but it's not a motorsailer.* An option with Coot is a two-sail steadying rig, but it*is smaller in proportion to the DD's rig.* The DD is good for long, open-sea cruises while the Coot is a suitable*coastal/gunk-hole cruiser.

-- Edited by markpierce on Monday 27th of September 2010 07:34:30 PM

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom