Potential Great Harbour Newbie

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

David Rive

Vessel Name
currently boatless
Hi everyone,

Just joined the Forum - what a great resource! My wife and I are starting to plan retirement. That retirement will include winters on a boat in warm places (we live in Toronto), and may turn into full-time live aboard if we like the part-year version. I used to own a 35' sloop back in the day, but sold it when I started a company 30 years ago. We have been researching trawlers for a while now, and have tentatively settled on a Great Harbour N37. Heading to Gainesville FL in early June to check out the factory and also look at a used N37 that is for sale. Any insights or suggestions from Great Harbour owners would be very welcome. Cheers, David.

We chartered an N37 a few years ago in the Bahamas back when GH had their charter fleet. Nice boats, lots of room for the length, awesome engine room, huge kitchen.

Wanted to buy one but too pricey, and I wondered about rough water handling. But for coastal cruising I really like the boat.

We chartered an N37 a few years ago in the Bahamas back when GH had their charter fleet. Nice boats, lots of room for the length, awesome engine room, huge kitchen.

Wanted to buy one but too pricey, and I wondered about rough water handling. But for coastal cruising I really like the boat.

Their website says they still offer a charter in the Bahamas. If so, I highly recommend to the OP as it's the best way I know to find out if it's the right boat for you.

I am afraid their website is badly out of date - they sold their charter fleet. I believe they would like to get charter operations going again now that the economy is slowly twitching back to life.

Back
Top Bottom