1984 Universal Europa Sedan 36

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Trawler Ron

Hi
I'm a new member of this forum and hopefully soon will also be a new owner of a trawler. I've looked at several in the Victoria B.C. area and have come across a Universal that I like. Has anyone had any experience with this make and model? It's powered by a single 120 HP Lehman.
Thanks
Ron

No experience but just want to welcome you to the forum. Good luck with your search Ron.

Welcome!

They are nice boats, and in my opinion but of course I'm a little bias, the Universal bots have one of better hulls in the way of appearance among the other Taiwanese made boats. From my research and from the list work that has been done and needs to be done on "Victoriana" Universal's still maintain the same weaknesses as their cousins.

Universal

Hi
I'm very new to owning, or I should say buying a trawler, so not familiar with the inherent problems with Taiwanese boats. The one I looked at had a very thick hull as viewed on a piece of the hull they had removed to put in bow thrusters. I've looked and can't find any reviews on the boat or others for sale? Not sure if that's good or bad. Maybe all the others have been decommissioned?:lol:

Hi
I'm a new member of this forum and hopefully soon will also be a new owner of a trawler. I've looked at several in the Victoria B.C. area and have come across a Universal that I like. Has anyone had any experience with this make and model? It's powered by a single 120 HP Lehman.
Thanks
Ron

Hey Ron, my wife and I own a Universal 36' and have friends with a 45' - located in Sidney. Both Lehman powered and both good boats.

Welcome to the forum. It sounds like you have a lot to learn and this is a good place to do some of it. Ask a lot of questions.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom