Forum App change coming soon-sh

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Janet H

Guru
Site Team
Vessel Name
Pacifica
Vessel Make
Cape Dory
Some of you may begin seeing a slidedown notice for an update to our mobile app when you are browsing the site using a mobile device.. In the next few days or so we are going to be changing our app.

We're making this change because we're just not satisfied with the current app; lots of folks have had trouble and we believe this will be an improvement.

The new app is based on the Tapatalk platform, although it's not the generic Tapatalk app. It is FREE for members and customized for the forum. While no mobile app is perfect we hope this will be an improvement and hope that you will bear with us as the kinks are worked out.

Janet, I don't browse here (carouse here?) using a mobile device so I probably won't download the new app but I do like the Custom Google Search. It works great!

I'd like to thank the powers that be for listening to your users and taking steps to get a better mobile app. I've heard good thing about TapaTalk, so I think you are on the right path. The previous app was clearly written by children.

I'd like to thank the powers that be for listening to your users and taking steps to get a better mobile app. I've heard good thing about TapaTalk, so I think you are on the right path. The previous app was clearly written by children.

My personal take on mobile apps is that none of them are very good... hopefully this will be an improvement however ;)

I tried the app previously and reverted back to using the "normal" site on my iPhone, whatever it's called. Works for me. May try the new app because I like free stuff.

Last edited:
It's interesting. I only just figured out how to use the last one, now I gotta learn this one :-/

Sent from my iPad using Trawler Forum

It's interesting. I only just figured out how to use the last one, now I gotta learn this one :-/

Sent from my iPad using Trawler Forum

I just use the ordinary Safari browser on the iPad, Hendo, I found it easier than the mobile apps anyway.

I use the mobil app on my iPad and I really like all that I can use on it, however I have not determined how I can post photos, which I am hoping will be part of the improved version.

Keep up the good work, and thanks!

The icon above the QW is the camera icon. Snap a photo from your device and upload. The icon above the RT allows you to select a photo from your albums to post.

ImageUploadedByTrawler Forum1400736038.819817.jpg

Thank you for the heads up on that....As you have guessed, I am no computer guru.
**The icons don't appear when I go to edit mode.**

Last edited:
No worries Roostor, neither am I. If I where then perhaps I'd know what the little birdie icon over the YU does :)

Last edited:
No worries Rooster, neither am I. If I where then perhaps I'd know what the little birdie icon over the YU does :)

I suspect it's to send a quote/pic/whatever, to Twitter. I don't do Twitter...

Back
Top Bottom