cruising group or organization in SW florida

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jann

Does anyone know of a cruising group, club or organization in the southwest Florida area that specializes in slow trawler cruises.

The current club I'm in does not understand the concept of going slow.

I was disappointed in the April article in Sea ("America's western boating magazine") on cruising organizations. It didn't list any organizations.

Yeah, most of the yacht clubs and cruising groups in that area aren't into slow cruising except for their sailboat groups. I certainly didn't see many slow boats at the Marco Island Yacht Club.

You may want to see if you can hook up with these guys. They do some slow cruising.

https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/SWFLMG-Mainship/info

You may just have to meet a group at the destination. It's too good of cruising down there to miss it.

We've had some Sabre group cruises there with a mixture of fast and slow boats. We would just meet at the destination. No problem.

Last edited:
I've been able to cajole a few local boaters (fellow TFers) to go at my slow cruising speed (6+ knots), most of the time.

232323232%7Ffp73499%3Enu%3D3363%3E33%3A%3E57%3B%3EWSNRCG%3D395935%3A95%3A336nu0mrj

I've been able to cajole a few local boaters (fellow TFers) to go at my slow cruising speed (6+ knots), most of the time.

232323232%7Ffp73499%3Enu%3D3363%3E33%3A%3E57%3B%3EWSNRCG%3D395935%3A95%3A336nu0mrj

...and many times you graciously offer to leave early so we arrive at the destination together. Thanks, Scout!

PS...when we travel the shallow waters, we call Mark "Probe".

We're collecting quite a few Krogen Manatees and 42's over here on the Gulf Coast. It's been mentioned that such slow cruising get togethers might be an effort worth undertaking. My boat isn't ready yet, but soon.

Keep me posted when a group is organized and wants to cruise. I would like to go on cruise up florida to the St. Johns River into George this coming summer

Never done that.

Could take two or three weeks or more at 8 mph

Slow cruising

I am here in Port Charlotte FL, and would be interested in joining a group that cruises this area. So, if you find anything that looks good, let me know.

Jann.... your post 4/4/14... did it work out to cruise up the east coast to the St Johns and on to GA?

We are in southeast florida and would like to know of a club in this area. We are new owners of a Mainship. Thanks.

Marco cruise club

Kochany

We would love to have you join our Marco Island Cruise Club which has two other active 34 Mainships. Unfortunately, our bylaws requires at least three months per year residency in the Marco, Naples local area, where are you in southwest Fl. ?

Please see the club web site....www. marcocruiseclub.com.... front page shows my Mainship and an active cruising 41 Silverton.

John

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom