Looking for a forward window slide & lock

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rackeu

Vessel Name
Adrian Leigh
Vessel Make
President 47
Greetings,

Just purchased a trawler and the front center window sits far forward. Actually have to climb up on the the chart table to get to the window to open or close. I am looking for a forward window slide and lock mechanism to remotely open and close the window.

I have seen them all over the place but darned if i can find out where to get one for a retrofit. Its a slide bar mounted to the dashboard area that controls the top hinged window open/close/lock.

Any thoughts would be appreciated. Dont even know what to call it. thanks,

Yep, that's it, a windshield adjuster. Thank you.

Now to find a long one. The best I have found thus far is a perko 12 inch bar that extends to 21. I need at least a 24 inch bar with the window closed in order to reach it.

You could probably use bimini pipe/railing and cut one as long as you want.

Lots of searching and have found nothing long or robust enough. The dash is about 36 inches in depth and sits directly over tHe center companionway. To reach any windshield adjuster I have to lean over the companionway to operate it so I need it around 36 inches long to operate it easily. On a previous charter we had a Grand. Banks 36 that had a very long and robust system that would work. Anyone know of a GB dealer who specializes in parts and pieces?

Front window adjuster

I am looking for who makes the front window adjuster on a CHB or similar type trawler. I'm having a front window made for a Gulfstar 53 and need that type of window adjuster to open and hold the window. Anyone with this type of adjuster can you see if there is anything on the unit like the name of the manufacture.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom