Beginnings of the dream!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jmcdboater

Vessel Name
Jim'N'I III
Vessel Make
1990 Sea Ray 440 Aft Cabin
My wife & I have been dreaming about living aboard as our retirement home for many years. The absolute final answer as to whom is smarter, men or women, IMHO, goes to the fairer sex. I won't be retired for another three years, but my hyper-intelligent wife suggested six months ago, "Why don't we just finish out your working years, living on the boat in California and start our dream three years sooner?" Duuuuuh! (We left Sacramento, CA six years ago to help family in Tucson, AZ.) That part of our life is squared away, we are now the proud owners of a bristol 1990 Sea Ray 440 aft cabin motor yacht, berthed in the beautiful California Delta! The dream continues!

Smart wife! Welcome aboard, and welcome to the cruising life. How about a photo of the boat?

Since our mid 20's (we are mid 30's now) we have lived by "don't indenture yourself today with the hope of buying freedom tomorrow, because tomorrow is promised to no one". Welcome...and my advise is not to waste another second.

Welcome and congratulations!

Welcome, jmcdboater! You're in the middle of boating heaven in the delta. Several of us are in the area. Maybe you can join us in a local cruise! Where is your marina? We have locals at Willow Berm, Perry's, Delta Bay Club, and I come and go from Riverboat and Vallejo marinas.

Stop by the San Francisco Bay and California Delta Cruisers Social Group and say hi. The water's warm and the locals are friendly!

Congratulations!!! Welcome aboard. :)

I like your wife's ideas. Nothing like taking a more aggressive attitude toward a more positive environment. Welcome.

Since our mid 20's (we are mid 30's now) we have lived by "don't indenture yourself today with the hope of buying freedom tomorrow, because tomorrow is promised to no one". Welcome...and my advise is not to waste another second.

My philosophy has been "If young and have your health why waste your life working? Do it when you can, it's easy to get more money, impossible for more time".

Welcome to the forum. We are at Perry's and on the water as often as possible. See ya on the river :thumb:

Appreciate the welcomes....currently in Tucson wrapping everything up here, hope to be aboard permanently around Christmas. We're in Oxbow.

Nice boat and marina! Wife and I where tempted to move to Oxbow but will likely move to Willow Berm in the spring. I think Pineapple Girl is a member of the yacht club at Oxbow.

Welcome from the middle coast where we are in a weather enforced break from boating at the moment. Hope your enjoy yours.

Welcome, jmcdboater! You're in the middle of boating heaven in the delta. Several of us are in the area. Maybe you can join us in a local cruise! ...

Several of us TFers on a local cruise -- this time on the San Joaquin River on the way to Stockton:

232323232%7Ffp73492%3Enu%3D3363%3E33%3A%3E57%3B%3EWSNRCG%3D397876549%3A336nu0mrj

You have a very intelligent, not to mention thoughtful:angel: lady there. You would do well to listen to her:thumb:

My philosophy has been "If young and have your health why waste your life working? Do it when you can, it's easy to get more money, impossible for more time".

Amen!
Real jewels in both those statements!:thumb::thumb:

OD

Back
Top Bottom