While not a mettalurgist

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Vessel Make
15' Hobie Power Skiff w/90hp Yamaha-owned 28 years. Also a 2001 Bayliner 3788 that I took in trade
I think I can safely say that this boat has some corrosion issues? Also noticed that no "composite desk jockey engineers" actually work in boat yards repairing boats.

Attachments

• Aug 24 seatrial 021.jpg
    Aug 24 seatrial 021.jpg
    150.8 KB · Views: 142
Last edited:
Or a speller... ;)

Probably not as bad as it looks. Iron-oxides aside, it has sweet lines.

I think I safely say that this boat has corrosion issues? Also noticed that no "composite desk jockey engineers" actually work in boat yards repairing boats.

I get the rust point.....
not quite sure what you mean by the comment in red....

I get the rust point.....
not quite sure what you mean by the comment in red....

I would guess this from the Fathom vs. Nordy thread.

"Please provide a thickness map,FEM models of all the boats noted above with m.s., and SEM pictures of all noted failures. What percentage of resin content did you observe in the SEM?

Personally - I am interested in the subject of the thread...

As an aerospace engineer and expert in composites - I call BS.

Used boats salesman...
"

Last edited:
As a graduate Metallurgical Engineer I note the wrong spelling of the thread title carries through to the subject raised, nonsensical. It must be cocktail hour on the East Coast, again.

I would guess this from the Fathom vs. Nordy thread.

"Please provide a thickness map,FEM models of all the boats noted above with m.s., and SEM pictures of all noted failures. What percentage of resin content did you observe in the SEM?

Personally - I am interested in the subject of the thread...

As an aerospace engineer and expert in composites - I call BS.

Used boats salesman...
"

Got it...thanks...quite a thread that was...:ermm:

oh yeah, I see. One t too many. Hazards of typing on a phone. Can't blame cocktail hour unfortunately.

I second Northern spy on the sweet lines. Given it was obviously an expensive, beautiful boat at one time, one can't help but wonder why, or what circumstances led to it's forlorn condition. Previously sunk maybe?

Pilothouse King, any further info on it....... just curious.

Back
Top Bottom