Newbie from NZ

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MikeD

Vessel Name
Siesta
Vessel Make
Pelin Sterling 36
Hi, Just a quick introduction. I have been lurking for a little while and thought it was time to come out. We have a Pelin Sterling 36 launch (SD) named 'Siesta' based in Havelock in the Marlborough Sounds of NZ. Not sure that it is really a 'trawler' but it seems that we do the same things as most of you and we travel at trawler speeds ;-) We have owned Siesta for a year now and have really enjoyed cruising around the top of the South Island. More adventures to follow as summer is nearly with us again. Anyway I look forward to getting to know you guys online. Cheers, Mike

Attachments

• image-451121554.jpg
    image-451121554.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 95
  • image-3547050566.jpg
    image-3547050566.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 86
Last edited:
Hi mike. Yes, welcome to the board. As an ex-kiwi, if indeed one ever really is 'ex', I always loved the Marlborough Sounds. If it was possible to wave a magic wand, and transport my Lotus to right there when I retire, I think I would. It has to be one of the most picturesque waterways in the world. I always liked the Pelin designs. She looks nice.
I guess, like me, you are preparing to be disappointed tomorrow am re the Cup. However, we can only hope Dean and co can avoid snatching defeat from the jaws of victory. Maybe they should have been more merciless like Oracle Team USA, and sacked the tactician..?
Come to think of it...there's still time...

Welcome aboard

I also love the Marlborough Sounds and have always enjoyed time there except when arriving on a rough ferry crossing from Wellington.

There are so many wonderful spots for fishing or just relaxing in your area.

Nice boat you have and I would say that it qualifies as a trawler - welcome aboard.

Last edited:
Welcome. Good looking and interesting boat. Any interior pictures?

My thoughts exactly, Moonstruck.

Welcome aboard, Mike.

Welcome Mike. Nice boat, she seems to share some features with an Alaska.
We have a number of Marklines here, maybe we`ll see Pelins in time to come. Hope you enjoy your time on TF.

Hi Guys,

Thanks for the welcome!

Here are a couple of internal photos... I actually thought I had more, but not on the iPad. I am the one on the righthand side of the last photo.

Mike

Attachments

• image-2447009897.jpg
    image-2447009897.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 84
  • image-2029605488.jpg
    image-2029605488.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 86
Back
Top Bottom