85' Tug for Cheep

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
5000 gal of fuel, Yikes!! How would you like to fill that thing up?? Pay $30,000 for the boat and $20,000 to fill her up! :eek:

Money Pit. The very things that make these types of boats good for towing, makes them horrible for yacht conversions. Ie deep draft, weight and large engine room. They are not designed to go to sea either.

Lordy, that baby is in my back yard! Might ease over and take a look for old times sake. But Sailor of Fortune is 100% on point: Careful what you wish for. You may get it. I operated a 128' harbor tug in Key West about 100 years ago. She wasn't a bad sea boat, just shipped a lot of water with beam seas. Think she was a 1939 vintage with twin EMD's replacing the original single FM. We measured fuel aboard her in tons, not gallons...back when #2 diesel was around 15-cents/gallon as I recall.

cheep or cheap ... sorry my mother was an English teacher

Here's the other end of the spectrum. We saw this "baby" tug at the Orillia in water boat show last weekend. Likely the same price.

Attachments

• IMG_1762 (Large).jpg
    IMG_1762 (Large).jpg
    148.7 KB · Views: 205
Here's the other end of the spectrum. We saw this "baby" tug at the Orillia in water boat show last weekend. Likely the same price.

one on yachtworld $50,000...unbelievable....

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom