We are modifying the Trawler Forum Classified Posting Guidelines to improve this TF feature for members.
The Change Highlights include:
(Please see the complete Classified Posting Guidelines below for additional details)
- Permitting members to post For Sale Ads for others (Friends, relatives, acquaintances)
We have noticed a number of times where members have posted about a boat for sale they are aware of (but not owned by them) that might be of interest to TF members. In the past this was prohibited in the classifieds and only permitted in discussion sections.
We believe that knowledge about boats for sale is a benefit to TF members looking to buy.
Consolidating all For Sale info in one location will be a benefit to those looking to buy and clean up the discussion sections for those not in the market.
Members are reminded of the recommendation to not post emails & phone #s in the public forums.
Contact info is best exchanged via PM (Personal Message) as only TF members have access to the PM feature.
Those posting Non-Owner For Sale ads should be willing to field the PMs requesting contact info for follow-up..
Note: Brokers, Dealers or those with a commercial interest in a sale, are prohibited from posting in the TF Classified Section. Only approved TF Commercial Members are permitted to post in the TF Commercial Market section.
- Reinforcing the prohibition against casual commentary and discussions within the classified section
At the same time we will be instituting a more rigorous enforcement of the minimum ad requirements as well as the prohibition against casual commentary and discussion in the classified section. Please use PM or the discussion sections for discussion and comments.
Classified Posting Guidelines
For Sale ads
- We expect ads placed to be related to the topic of this forum.
- Ads that are inactive for 180 days or longer may be moved to the Classified Archive and locked.
Ads may be relisted if the item is still current. Alternatively, owners may contact a Moderator to reinstate an archived ad.
- The Classified section is for advertising, members are asked to refrain from posting discussions to a Classified Ad.
Please start a discussion thread or PM the owner for discussions.
- Do not hijack another member's ad by posting unsolicited commentary or “piggy backing”. Example: if a member has posted an ad offering an anchor for sale, don't add a post to his thread stating that you have an anchor you'd like to get rid of also.
Note: posts deemed as unsolicited commentary may be removed.
- For your own security, do NOT include your e-mail or phone number in your ad. Instead request that interested parties contact you via PM (private message) to provide owners contact info.
- Brokers, Dealers or those with a commercial interest in a sale are prohibited from posting in the TF Classified Section.
- Only Trawler Forum Commercial Members may post ads in the Commercial section. You must be a designated Commercial Member to start threads in this section of the forum. (Contact a moderator if you have questions about this)
- All Ads * MUST
For maximum impact & exposure it is suggested the Ad Title include: Year, Manufacturer, Model, Length, Price and Location
- *Asking price,
- *A Basic Description
- *Clear statement whether you are the owner or non-owner [/B]
(posting for friend, relative, or acquaintance)
or at the very top of the ad body.
All ads should also include ALL of the following:
- Pertinent maintenance and condition information
- Exterior picture or pictures
- Interior picture or pictures (boats)
- Don't post links to commercial sites where you are also offering the boat, such as eBay or Craigslist or Yachtworld etc. unless it contains a more in-depth description, additional information or pictures.
- Place only one ad per item (you may repost only when your ad has expired and been removed).
- Ads may be moved or removed by our staff at any time for any reason.
- If your item has been sold, please post an update to your thread.
- Don't forget to select: FOR SALE, WANTED or FREE in the Title block.
In case you are unfamiliar as to how to post pictures, here are some tutorials:
How To Post Pictures
Forums 101 - Posting, Accounts, Basics
When your item has sold or the ad is no longer relevant:
Please post a Reply to the ad that the item is SOLD or
click the Report Post
icon on post 1 of the thread to ask a moderator to archive the ad.
All ads must comply with site rules. For reference, they are here: https://www.trawlerforum.com/forums/...ork&page=rules
Thanks for your cooperation.