Winter Weather

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bob Cofer

Guru
Vessel Name
Puffin
Vessel Make
Willard Vega 30
Baby it’s cold outside! 18 degrees outside and the heater is set and 40 and working quite well.

RenderedImage.jpg

We’ve got over 6” and it’s still coming down.
But we’re 30 miles up the Skagit Valley from Burlington.
Much more in the 10 day forecast.

Attachments

• 8CA4472C-056E-42D9-A212-C7A8CDEF2570.jpg
    8CA4472C-056E-42D9-A212-C7A8CDEF2570.jpg
    184.3 KB · Views: 22
80 here in Fort Myers with no snow in the forecast. Going bicycling and then a swim in the pool. Air conditioner is running infrequently. :hide:

Ted

24 degrees f, just filled up water tanks so we have water if the dock h20 freezes!:dance:

Attachments

• frozen boat.JPG
    frozen boat.JPG
    16.9 KB · Views: 21
A balmy 18 degrees here with 8” + of snow.

We had a couple of inches and thought we would have a white Christmas but it rained Christmas Eve and it was gone in the morning.

Great, now I can worry about my bridge enclosure with that snow on it! Hopefully the bows can take the extra weight. One of the drawback of being 800 miles from the boat is we can't run over and check it. I wouldn't want to anyway, last time I was in Anacortes in the snow it was downright scary - Canadian trucks blasting down I5 at 65mph.

Here in CA the main transcontinental freeway (I80) has been mostly closed for almost two days. Snowfall is measured in feet - about 4 feet in the last 36 hours. Drought ended with a bang!

Last edited:
80 here in Fort Myers with no snow in the forecast. Going bicycling and then a swim in the pool. Air conditioner is running infrequently. :hide:
Ted

I hate you Ted!:D

Oh, and a good thing we filled up the water tanks yesterday, because today all the facilities are frozen at the marina here. Our 500 gallons should keep us for awhile. And heat isn't a problem as long as the diesel holds out!:thumb:

Ted

Wifey B: We had a couple of nights it dropped into the 50's but no days under 70. Today is high of 79 but cold tonight, dropping to 68. Tomorrow 82 followed by low of 69. Perfect paradise. :D

We're out on the water today, just open running and enjoying a quick day trip with a couple of 7 year olds and some 20 and 30 somethings who are enjoying like the 7's. Just a picnic aboard in the keys and then back home. :dance:

Our first time out on the water in a while so really having fun. Looking forward to January boating around here as many of our closest friends will take some time off to go with us. :D

I hate you Ted!:D

Oh, and a good thing we filled up the water tanks yesterday, because today all the facilities are frozen at the marina here. Our 500 gallons should keep us for awhile. And heat isn't a problem as long as the diesel holds out!:thumb:

Wifey B: Guess you'll be hating me too when you read my post. :hide:

So far winter in New England has been cold and windy,and about 40 inches of total snow,two storms with gusts around 70,was a good test for my custom machined solar panel mount,and already replaced my flag

We had a tornado go by the marina while Courage and Slow Hand were in Tarpon Springs (timing is everything) back in January. Let me check the snow accumulation gauge to see what we've gotten so far this winter in Fort Myers. :hide:

Ted

Back
Top Bottom