Source for windscreen Plexiglas in San Diego?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mvweebles

Guru
Vessel Name
Weebles
Vessel Make
1970 Willard 36 Trawler
Folks - I need to source a fairly large piece of 1/4" Plexiglas for my venturi windscreen in front of flybridge.

Any ideas for local source in San Diego area? If needed I can drive to L.A. area but closer is better of course.

Thanks in advance

Peter

Folks - I need to source a fairly large piece of 1/4" Plexiglas for my venturi windscreen in front of flybridge.

Any ideas for local source in San Diego area? If needed I can drive to L.A. area but closer is better of course.

Thanks in advance

Peter

Have you made inquiries at a local auto glass shop? When I replaced mine, that is who supplied and formed the curved, tinted plexi.

Have you made inquiries at a local auto glass shop? When I replaced mine, that is who supplied and formed the curved, tinted plexi.
Good tip. I had some glass cut a year ago. Small glaser and nice shop. I'll give them a call. If nothing else, they may have s referral.

Peter

Peter--if you find someone or a source for this please post it...I am in the market for the same thing....

When we lived in Tucson there was a plastics shop that did some fabrication work for me. Here in Michigan out in the boonies, I order it online. The bad part if you need a large piece is the shipping cost.

Search on plastic sheets. There are several suppliers in the San Deigo area. They advertise they will cut to size. Material comes in 4x8 or longer sheets. My experience is that they often have smaller pieces. Give them a call. If you have access to a table saw plexiglass or lexan is easy to cut.

I suggest Tap Plastics, Fruitdale exit, I 5.
If you can bring plan dimensions would save cutting at the boat. They've been good for my projects.

Search on plastic sheets. There are several suppliers in the San Deigo area. They advertise they will cut to size. Material comes in 4x8 or longer sheets. My experience is that they often have smaller pieces. Give them a call. If you have access to a table saw plexiglass or lexan is easy to cut.
I'm pretty good with keyword searches - was a beta user of Google back in 1998 when the top search engines were Ask Jeeves and ask.com. Plus a few years of hard-core scrounging for oddball boat parts....

Hoping for some local knowledge.

Peter

I just had to replace my FB windscreen following hurricane IAN. After calling all over I could not find the original tinted. So I went with clear. Home Depot has sheets 48" x 72" x 0.22" in stock at most stores for $176. I was successful in making the two halves for my FB.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom