The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Knocko

Lifelong sailor based in San Francisco with some powerboat experience looking to move into a trawler in the next year or so. Interested in learning more about maintenance and common sense things unique to powerboats.

Welcome aboard. I lived aboard for several years in San Francisco, mostly at Naval Station Treasure Island. I migrated to powerboats for liveaboard comfort, them realized it was easier to get on the water and bring friends along. Weebles, my Willard 36 trawler, was the go-to platform for many outings including Fleet Week Blue Angels, July 4th, KFOG concerts, and Angel Island treks. We also cruised the Delta several times which was an awesome change of pace.

I converted several sailor friends to power. Nothing to be ashamed of.....

Peter

Thanks Peter - Not looking to give up sailing but adding a trawler to the mix. Looking at it as a way to figure out what we do and don't like with than eye towards something bigger one day that has some range.

Welcome aboard. Lots of very knowledgeable and helpful members here. I'm a first-time power boat owner after 3 sailboats earlier in life. Might be good to start with what the mission of your future boat including approx size and price and you will get a lot of good suggestions. Information more relative to your desired boat will then be more forthcoming. Again, welcome!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom