Lockdown in Australia

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It seems the situation in India is even more serious. An evacuation flight for 150 Aussies to return from India will see 50 refused boarding because they have Covid and another 30 as "close contacts" of infected people.
Humanity might suggest letting them board anyway, but by arrival here the uninfected would likely be infected, and probably the aircraft crew too. I raise my hat( "dips my lid" as the Aussie saying goes) to the brave aircrew undertaking these flights.
One person refused boarding is already saying that if he dies of his Covid infection, the Australian Govt. will have killed him. Difficult, but what about the people he could infect on the flight? A sad business.
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-05...-19-repatriation-flight-empty-seats/100140260

Last edited:
Supporters of the India infected refused boarding are requesting planes to carry 100% Covid infected pax home. Might be difficult putting together an aircrew. And ground staff to load and unload pax and baggage. What to do with the plane after the flight? Then consider the risk to Australia generally.
As Paul Keating said "in any race always back self interest,at least you know it`s trying". Self interest needs balancing with the interest of the majority.
Is USA accepting flights from India?

Victoria State is in lockdown yet again as it tries to trace 15000 potential close contacts. That clanging noise is businesses and borders closing, yet again. No deluge as yet, 5 new cases yesterday.
The cause? One man with the Indian variant released from quarantine and then becoming sick. Why? He was quarantined in South Australia on returning to Australia, sharing a room with another man, who became positive and was moved to special quarantine care. Permitted to leave quarantine after 14 days as if not exposed to Covid, which any idiot would know he was. WTF! Human stupidity lives on, and the Indian variant is at large.

Here`s today`s Update from our State Premier and CMO. The numbers are modest by the standards of many countries, but not by ours. The unrelenting efforts by The Premier and staff are hugely appreciated, I just wish more people followed the spirit of lockdown rather than exploring what they think are loopholes but lead to spreading infection.
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-07-08/nsw-records-38-covid-cases/100276514

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom