It never gets old.....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Nice of that bird to take off for you! :)

You must have passed by my house yesterday!

What drone do you have?

It was an awesome day today. Hardly a breadth of wind and 80 degrees here in NE Florida. Pity it was the day to put up the outside lights - doesn't feel like Christmas when you are putting up Christmas lights soaked in sweat!

Where are you tonight?

Attachments

• IMG_20191130_193502636.jpg
    IMG_20191130_193502636.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 45
Last edited:
Nice of that bird to take off for you! :)

You must have passed by my house yesterday!

What drone do you have?

It was an awesome day today. Hardly a breadth of wind and 80 degrees here in NE Florida. Pity it was the day to put up the outside lights - doesn't feel like Christmas when you are putting up Christmas lights soaked in sweat!

HAHA --- I paid him $25 to take off on cue :D:D

I didn't even notice that until I was editing the video! LOL!

I am using a DJI Spark. Wanted a price point that I wouldn't slit my wrists if it went in the drink (to prove a point, my first one is at the bottom of the Neuse River). It does quite a good job for what it cost.

We wanted to get into St. Aug before the big winds tomorrow. Funny - we're trying to figure out how/what to put on the boat for decorations and its HOT.....

[Nice job on the lights!!!]

Best,
r

Last edited:
Did I see you last week in Brunswick? leaving Brunswick landing Marina?

Not us, but there is another burgundy hull GH N37 up that way out of Beaufort, SC -- Moon Beam. Maybe currently for sale, IIRC.

You could have come into our marina for $1.25 a foot utilities included! I may have even bought you a beer.

Just had to navigate a lock!

How long are you in the "the drinking town with a fishing problem" for?

We're not expecting much in the way of winds tomorrow - ~ 15mph.

Last edited:
You could have come into our marina for $1.25 a foot utilities included! I may have even bought you a beer.

Just had to navigate a dock!

How long are you in the "the drinking town with a fishing problem" for?

Thanks, M! I'll keep that beer in my back pocket :angel:

Lisa :smitten: wanted to be central to the Nights of Lights for a while, with some friends visiting.

I've already got my punch card and T-shirt for the "Nights of Pints" :eek::D (https://www.visitstaugustine.com/event/nights-pints) to get me through....

We'll be here through Jan and then down to the keys for a bit.

Ah yes, you were coming up from Palatka, now I remember the conversation!

Alligator Farm, Lighthouse, Sunday lunch at the Conch House with live music (if it is calm you can dinghy around), take it a show at the amateur Limelight Theater https://limelight-theatre.org/ , visit the Lightner Museum, ride the trolley, if you like golf Uber over to the World Golf Hall of Fame, Walk down to Sailors Exchange and see what you can find (Uber back its a couple of miles) https://www.sailors-exchange.com/ , go over to Anastasia Island and walk the pristine St Augustine Beach. Visit Flagler College (our daughter went there!). Lots more. Heck I think the Jags have three home games in December that you can come spend a fun day at! Also check out the happenings at the St Augustine Amphitheater - they always have stuff going on.

Last edited:
Ah yes, you were coming up from Palatka, now I remember the conversation!

Alligator Farm, Lighthouse, Sunday lunch at the Conch House with live music (if it is calm you can dinghy around), take it a show at the amateur Limelight Theater https://limelight-theatre.org/ , visit the Lightner Museum, ride the trolley, if you like golf Uber over to the World Golf Hall of Fame, Walk down to Sailors Exchange and see what you can find (Uber back its a couple of miles) https://www.sailors-exchange.com/ , go over to Anastasia Island and walk the pristine St Augustine Beach. Vivt Flagler College (our daughter went there!). Lots more. Heck I think the Jags have three home games in December that you can come spend a fun day at! Also check out the happenings at the St Augustine Amphitheater - they always have stuff going on.

Wow! Thank you!
I think you filled up our two month stay already!!
;)

You flat-landers do have nice sunrises :thumb:

We have to go 60 miles down channel to see the horizon. Too many mountainous islands in the way.

Thanks for bringing back some fond memories. Pine Island there was one of our favorite anchorages, sans the crab pots. Fun place to drop the dink and putt around and explore. I'll have to pull some pics off the old hard drive at home.

Caught the same sunrise on the west side, the other pine island in south west FL. We were anchored off Chino island.

+1 :thumb:

Pine island is one of my favorite anchorages on the AICW.

Ted

You flat-landers do have nice sunrises :thumb:

We have to go 60 miles down channel to see the horizon. Too many mountainous islands in the way.

Does that make you a Hillbilly? :rolleyes:

Ted

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom