Gift for New Boat Owner?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

av8tr

Vessel Name
Beautiful Life
Vessel Make
59 Marquis
A close friend of mine bought a new boat, well it's "new" to him. Anyway, I want to give him a meaningful gift for his new boat. I've thought about an engraved brass bell or a brass clock. Does anyone have any other ideas for a gift? Maybe something special you have received?

After we closed on our new to us boat, the Sellers sent us a Waggoner Cruising guide for the San Juan's and British Columbia. Can't think of a more useful or thoughtful gift!

Thanks Slowgoesit, You remind me of Beebe's Voyaging Under Power, 4th Edition. This is the mariner's bible for me. Love the book. Denis Umstot did a great job updating Beebe's original work. Could be a great gift.

I usually would rather get a gift card than a specific gift. Rarely does someone get me something that I really want. Then I have to keep the gift forever even if I don’t care for it…

Up to say $200...

If he doesn’t have it a barometer or tide clock is a nice gift.

A large heavy duty canvass tote bag will probably be very useful.

Sneak a ruler in and measure for a teak cutting board.

A canvas bucket for bringing water onboard with out scratching paint?

When a client buys a boat from me, there's no gift that can truly express my appreciation. Many years ago, I came up with the idea of spa robes and I feel confident that it is a gift that must surely bring a smile to new owners. I order robes with the name of the yacht embroidered (note: their NEW name) and the number of robes is for the number of beds per yacht so that each family member or guest has one in their hanging locker. I envision the new owners sitting on their aft decks in the morning with coffee or at sunset with champagne wearing their robes with a smile. Yes, they can be used for the beach or after showers as well. I hope my "publicizing" what I think is an original idea doesn't diminish my personal appreciation.

I received a nice gift of a couple custom made and personalized cutting board and serving tray from this company near me:

https://www.soundviewmillworks.com/

Many styles and personalization options are possible. Mine matches the name and font on my boat. You could also do lat/lon or their last name, initials, etc. One pic is below, the other square cutting board is on the boat with same name etched (burned?) in.

Attachments

• board.jpg
    board.jpg
    197.6 KB · Views: 16
Gift card to his favorite boat supplier in a Hallmark card.
Someone, don't know who, left us a beautiful plaque with outline of our boat. Very thoughtful. We cannot hang it because of all our windows. It is leaning in the guest head, probably not what they envisioned. He will want to make decor decisions.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom