GB Owners Site RIP?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MJBraide

Vessel Make
1987 Grand Banks 42
I'll give this one more try before I give up for good, but does ANYBODY know ANYTHING about where all the Grand Banks Owners site content is and if it can be resurrected? As much as I LOVE Trawler Forum, the GB site represented years of incredible sharing and information.

I heard that a broker owned it? I know Bob Lowe was running it? Any clues?

Thank you!

MJ Braide

I'll give this one more try before I give up for good, but does ANYBODY know ANYTHING about where all the Grand Banks Owners site content is and if it can be resurrected? As much as I LOVE Trawler Forum, the GB site represented years of incredible sharing and information.

I heard that a broker owned it? I know Bob Lowe was running it? Any clues?

Thank you!

MJ Braide

Couple years ago: We Tollycraft owners had the Tolly site suddenly disappear. Was too bad. There were decades of info on it due to old school Tolly owners. Somebody was trying to modernize the site and must have hit the "Delete Everything" button. For months a lot of us tried to resurrect it. No luck at all.

The owner, Bob, began to use the site as a personal soap-box and brooked no criticism of his sometimes peculiar ideas so it all became obnoxious. He then attempted to make money off it and it was felt that the site was corrupted and had lost its direction. Some of us were banned but many resigned and the last conversation I had with the gentleman who kept the site running said he could not find any basis to continue so the decline was inevitable. That, plus the strange direction that GB itself took, alienated the traditional GB owners. Many of us don't own GBs any more as well.

It was sad but I blame the putsch that the owner attempted that sealed its fate.

You will find many previous denizens of that site on here so not all the collective wisdom has vanished although a lot of the original woody info is gone.

Yup. I was one of the active participants of the IGBOA site. It was a great site for a while but it began to degrade and become much less active. Some from participants selling their boats and some from the politics of the site. It was unfortunate to lose the history but as said by Xsbank, there are a bunch of us now on TF so all is not lost!

Back
Top Bottom